All Mortgage career professionals, please read...?

I am brand new to the mortgage industry, but want to get started and eventually become an Underwriter. I have an MBA degree, but no background in Banking, Finance, Accounting, Mortgage, or such. I would like to get some more knowledge of State and Federal regulations, and a certification or license.

What do you think would be a good license or cert to start out with, to help me get to my goal?

Where and what kind of job title should I be looking for to learn the ropes?

Thanks for your time!

2 Answers

  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

    Educational requirements may vary slightly depending on the company, the area you wish to work and your previous work experience.

    For most Underwriter careers, the minimum educational requirement is the completion of a Bachelor's degree. Most employers look for degrees in business administration or accounting. However, a bachelor's degree in any field should get your foot in the door if you have work experience in the insurance industry.

    If you are interested in advancing your career as quickly as possible by moving into managerial positions, you will typically be required to earn a Master's degree or MBA in Accounting or Business Administration.Since you are an MBA, it is a good start.

    You will also find it beneficial to earn certain designations once you begin your Underwriting career through organizations like The Insurance Institute of America, The American Institute of Chartered Property Casualty Underwriters (AICPCU) and The American College.

  • Anonymous
    6 years ago

    There are some reputed company who started course for Mortgage career profession. Anyone can get training from them. You can also get training from them. To know more about them you can visit the following link of their own. Link is given below.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.