Lille director Jean-Michel : Chelsea are the club closest to Eden Hazard?

Chelsea are the club closest to signing the talented winger, according to Lille director Jean-Michel Vandamme.

"Here is his home, this is his garden, [but] Chelsea has been following him the closest."

Since his arrival at Stamford Bridge in June, Blues boss Andre Villas-Boas has sent scouts to keep track of a number of potential targets as he looks to evolve an ageing Chelsea squad over the next few years.

"The Spaniards have not manifested themselves yet, but I think they are playing it smart and will call when they know they have to," Vandamme added. "I'm talking about Real, but also about Barcelona.

"The buyer will have to come up with a lot of money - let us say he is not currently to go for less than forty million."

"Arsenal ??? They seem more interested in signing a player from Germany but yes they did want Hazard this summer and we said NO. I still believe they will be back for him soon.

Can anyone see Hazard joining Chelsea soon ?? that would be a good signing for them.

Update:

@Chris H - He refused to say the player. Probably Dortmund Mario Gotze.

8 Answers

Relevance
  • RED
    Lv 7
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

All you need is Man City to express an interest and it will all change - soon, he'll be on the way up north rather than south.

• 4 years ago

Chelsea are purely organic and utter idiots, they have no understand for different golf equipment or soccer as an entire, they attempt to purchase their thank you to each thing and unsettle gamers, they're pathetic. the way Chelsea do issues is pathetic, while they end 5th and quickly replace into and mid table club back then with any luck they are going to learn some understand. in any case i assumed Edin replace into coming to Arsenal

• 9 years ago

Yeah I can see that happening and I can see him being a hit for them.

They need a right winger. A real right winger at that, someone who can run at the defence get in behind them and send a cross in OR take on the goal themselves. Hazard is exactly that and if Mata plays either wide left or centrally in behind Torres.. well that look absolute class on paper.

• 9 years ago

40 million?!if dats the case,then hes never coming 2 Arsenal!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

That would be amazing if we could land him but what about Sturridge? He's doing well atm. 40mil for Hazard is a bit too much imo.

• 9 years ago

40 million is too much for a 19 year old.That guy has lost it.If Chelsea buy him for that much then they can consider themselves officially mugged.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

which player in germany are arsenal interested in?

• MELONS
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

sounds a great deal!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.