Why do Christians get angry when I bring up verses in the Bible that condone slavery, rape, torture?

I'm not cherry picking if people who are reading this accuse me of it. You're cherry picking for ignoring those verses, passages; and there are quite a few. If you give me an answer like "The Bible is a metaphor" then you basically give up your right to impose "the facts" of the Bible... show more I'm not cherry picking if people who are reading this accuse me of it. You're cherry picking for ignoring those verses, passages; and there are quite a few.

If you give me an answer like "The Bible is a metaphor" then you basically give up your right to impose "the facts" of the Bible onto others since you just admitted the Bible is a metaphor and it can be interpreted anyway.
Update: As you approach a town to attack it, first offer its people terms for peace. If they accept your terms and open the gates to you, then all the people inside will serve you in forced labor. But if they refuse to make peace and prepare to fight, you must attack the town. When the LORD your God hands it over... show more As you approach a town to attack it, first offer its people terms for peace. If they accept your terms and open the gates to you, then all the people inside will serve you in forced labor. But if they refuse to make peace and prepare to fight, you must attack the town. When the LORD your God hands it over to you, kill every man in the town. But you may keep for yourselves all the women, children, livestock, and other plunder. You may enjoy the spoils of your enemies that the LORD your God has given you.
Deuteronomy 20:10-14

A priest's daughter who loses her honor by committing fornication and thereby dishonors her father also, shall be burned to death.
Leviticus 21:9 NAB

Christians who are slaves should give their masters full respect so that the name of God and his teaching will not be shamed. If your master is a Christian, that is no excuse for being disrespectful. You should work all the harder because you are helping another believer by your efforts. Teach these t