Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 8 years ago

Are There More Stupid Americans Than Informed Americans?

Why do I ask this ? Why would you ?

What do you think about the uninformed ? Are many of them innocent bystanders ? Many of them are.....

What do you think about my usage of the the word "stupid" ?

Smart people tonight- !!! I like it.

• Bill
    Favorite Answer

Yes Les. There are more stupid americans than informed Americans.

The erosion of freedom in America is as much a result of ignorance and inattention as it is the product of cabal and conspiracy. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ecc_OWrNVSY

Youtube thumbnail

&playnext=1&list=PLBD8C75DD495E3BC9

A powerful few http://pa4mccain.wordpress.com/2008/10/28/taking-i... believe that limited government is too restrictive, and they are aided and abetted by an elite group http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bc4qHHIRcJw

Youtube thumbnail

&feature=related who think that the constitutional limitations on government shouldn't be taken seriously. These people in power must work their will through a vast bureaucracy of government employees, and in order to do that, they must obtain the obedience of those bureaucrats. Of course, paychecks go a long way toward purchasing that obedience. But keeping the bureaucrats ignorant about the totalitarian nature of their activities is also important, for the elites know that it is easier to lead people out of error than confusion.

So, to ensure obedience, the cultural elites have deliberately mis-educated the last two generations of Americans to think that freedom in America is a fatuous narrative used to exploit unfortunate victim groups. Instead of teaching the value of self-reliance, personal initiative, and individual responsibility, the elites have propagated collectivist ideas that come right out of the cultural Marxist school of social engineering. Such notions reward conformity, not individual excellence, and their socio-political legitimacy depends upon the approval of little committees and groups of self-interested experts, not on the support of the people. Raised up in ignorance to unquestioningly accept elitist group thinking, it never occurs to today's bureaucrats that the activities of government must be rooted in the informed consent of the governed in order to be legitimate.

The ignorance of government bureaucrats isn't the entire explanation for the loss of freedom in America today. The inattention of the people to the preservation of their own liberty has played a critical part as well. Although the desire for freedom is born in every human heart, political liberty can be lost in a single generation if the people don't prize it highly enough. o_O

I am beginning to believe it is not completely a matter of stupidity but more a matter of choice. Some people want to end capitalism because they really believe in social justice. I have stopped thinking of it as stupidity and now think of it as a force to be reckoned with. I don't believe all those at OWS are revolutionists but I'm certain they have had their coming out party at these protests. There are also many angry Americans there who just haven't sorted it all out yet. I think those people are in for a rude awakening and I wonder what they will do when they realize the company they are keeping at OWS.

Nobody is informed, regardless of what their level of authority or even a lifetime of dedicated research.

That's the amazing thing to me-countless overlapping and interconnected systems, each system itself only partially understood if that by a handful of experts who rarely see how those systems connect to any other system.

Even the wisest, most perceptive and most pragmatic of men are at a loss to for any significant length of time work with the vast array of systems that are present.

At best, a person only sees a tiny part of the picture.

So by the terms you have set out-we are all stupid and we are all informed-to varying degrees that we can't possible comprehend.

=====

Even as far as history is concerned, it is a metaphorical Hydra. As a child, I was fascinated with everything Ancient Egypt. I studied so much that I would often fall asleep surrounded by books, journals, pens and pencils. I had exhausted all the books on subject at every Library I frequented.

What did I have to show for it? Oh, I could name off volumes of information. I could tell you what king met an "accidental" end at the hands of a power hungry adviser or a son too eager to test out the throne. I could tell you very specific details about the XVIII dynasty in particular, that of the famous Tutankhamen, his heretic father Akhenaten and his beautiful wife Nefertiti.

I do not say this to brag-in fact quite the opposite. I knew all these things, yet I didn't understand them. I had seen it as outside myself. That was then, this is now. When I closed my books, that world closed to me and I went about my own world-one which in retrospect I realize I didn't understand very well at all.

Simply knowing that a thing happened-even knowing exact specifics-does not matter if you don't understand how they fit into the puzzle. I realized, that my research, my painstaking effort that sacrificed much of my childhood-was fundamentally little different than someone who memorized the stats of their favorite baseball team.

Seeing the pieces of the puzzle-even if you could see them all-means nothing unless you understand that they are all interconnected. Since all of us die some day, none of us could possibly have the time, insight or wisdom to ever put it all together.

=====

Many people ask such questions because they fancy themselves in the "informed" category. Myself? I have no reason to ask this question, as I believe that no one is informed hence there is no need to ask this question other than out of curiosity to see how many people believe being informed is even possible.

What do I think of the uniformed? I get along with myself pretty well and I get along well with most people. Being uniformed to me is simply the product of living in a profoundly complex world about which we know almost nothing. Are they innocent? By definition, yes.

What do I think of your use of the word "stupid"? Stupid is relative, I usually try but occasionally fail to avoid using it. Since it is a relative term I can't actually fault you for how you use it.

Listen, you must be completely happy with what you bought. And through that I imply that Obama misplaced badly while it got here to the 2 matters that would and must had been performed- he misplaced at the public alternative limitation. He additionally misplaced at the unmarried payer limitation. So what we bought was once the weakest of all of them- Obamacare. Republicans received the wrestle. No have got to be bitter anymore. Can you suppose what unmarried payer country wide wellness insurance policy might be like? Oh my god, it might be terrible. It might imply that folks might truthfully no longer get charged one thousand billion greenbacks for being unwell. Can you suppose how dangerous it might had been if the coverage corporations would not have been equipped to make that trillion greenbacks from unwell or demise sufferers? That might be a travesty! But fortunately, below Obamacare, they may be able to nonetheless rip folks off for trillions of bucks! YAY! Isn't that nice!?

• Mike

What does stupid mean to you? Does it mean someone who does not know as much about a topic as you do? If I know more about apples than you do does that make you stupid? If you know more about bananas that I do, does that make me stupid? If our versions of common sense, morals, and general life expectations are different, do we call each other stupid?

Or do we just agree to get along and share our knowledge with each other for the good of humanity, and teach our children the same?

stupid being a lack of reasoning ability-well by definition this is a progressive and some liberals (democrats are just corrupt public union hacks-criminal)

informed-being popular and historical sources of information--yahoo answers is a good place to get information on all subjects---many brains r better than one

thus

if you are a progressive and are on yahoo answers-you have a chance to be reasonable

cain is better at math than barry

@gorkie paul-lol and i havent even read that yet

@mike-nice

@no mans-true and scary

@travis-impressive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

stupid is subjective, so it depends on the person. uninformed is also vague. by uninformed do you mean uneducated? or do you mean that they don't agree with your ideas, therefore they're uninformed about them? very broad question! thought provoking though...

I find the rigidly stupid do not want to be informed. They want me to cease being an informed one. Or, else get accused of racism, bigotry, sexism, homophobia, etc.....

Guess in 2012 you and I both with have your answer?

• There are a lot of people that don't know or care about what is going on in the world.

Most Americans, Most people in this World are pretty stupid.