Scary movie recommendation?

My sister and I have being longing to watch a movie that is actually scary. We have seen The Exorcist, The Omen, Paranormal Activity, The Unborn, The Hills have Eyes, The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, The Shinning, etc. They were all not scary. My question is: Is there any movie out there that will actually make us scared? I have heard that the movies The Strangers and Insidious is scary. Is that true? If so which one is scariest? Thanks in advance to all the answers for these questions!

• Magik
    Favorite Answer

A tale of two sisters: Terrified sisters try to exorcise their home of two dark forces -- their evil stepmother and a vengeful entity -- in this ghostly tale. Hospitalized after their mother's death, young Su-mi (Im Su-jeong) and Su-yeon (Mun Geun-yeong) return home to find a nasty new stepmother (Yeom Jeong-ah). The girls suffer terrifying events, but their father doesn't care, even though evil lurks around every corner.

Silent Hill:Determined to save her terminally ill daughter (Jodelle Ferland) from death, Rose (Radha Mitchell) ignores the wishes of her husband and takes her to a faith healer. But her well-intentioned efforts somehow land them in an alternate reality. Now, Rose is in the deserted town of Silent Hill, where her daughter mysteriously disappears and she's left to search for her child in a world of darkness and shadow.

Premonition: On a family outing, Hideki Satomi (Hiroshi Mikami) comes across a news clipping containing his young daughter's obituary; trouble is, the girl isn't dead. Next thing you know, a freak accident kills her exactly as the article described. Fast-forward three years: When broadsheets again start delivering disastrous future news -- from slayings to train wrecks -- Hideki finds himself trapped in a living nightmare in this chilling horror flick.

Dorm: When 12-year-old Ton (Charlie Trairat) transfers to an all-boys boarding school, he's taunted by his peers and terrified by their tales about the ghosts that inhabit the school. Ton is utterly miserable -- until he befriends a mysterious fellow pupil (Sirachuch Chienthaworn). Songyos Sugmakanan helms this award-winning supernatural chiller from Thailand.

It all depends on what scares you.

I personally thought that insidious was just plain stupid and not scary whatsoever. I was completely let down by the previews.

The Strangers is a thriller, not a horror, to me anyway.

I am in the same boat. I can't find a truly scary movie either, I too never thought those movies were scary.

Paranormal Entity (not activity) was pretty spooky.And there's also Paranoid Activity 1 and 2.

Secrets in the walls seems kinda freaky, but I never made it through, I was watching it online, but couldn't find a good copy, and just couldn't watch it like that.

Maybe A haunting in Connecticut, or The Exorcism of Emily Rose, Or The Last Exorcism, may be something you would want to watch.

The Strangers is really scary because it seems like it could actually happen. I personally find Rosemary's Baby and Funny Games really scary. Funny Games is more recent.. and it has some elements of A Clockwork Orange (which is another thriller).

I watched Insidious and it scared the crap outta me. It's a great movie if you pay attention and really let yourself get into it.

The exorcist was really scary :O I love scream but its not scary

Quarantine