Martin Luther Mock Trial?

im doing a mock trial in my ap euro class about martin luther. im the prosecution lawyer and i need to question 4 people that are on my side to make me look good. i have to ask Charles V, Sir Thomas More, Bernini, and Johann Tetzel. I have nooo idea what to ask them!

Favorite Answer

Ask them if they have ever paid for absolution

Ask them if they have ever paid for the promise of the right to enter heaven

First read Martin Luther's declaration and take your questions from there

Is it true Martin Luther uses bad words?

Is it true that Martin Luther hated Jews? (As did many people in those days)

Those are usually the negative comments we get about Martin Luther from some Catholics. And they call him a heretic, but that's based on the assumption that their doctrines are true, which is always taken by them as granted.

• wesche

you're able to o.k. ought to concede "guilt" as a heretic, yet you're able to prevail by making use of making use of the tack that, as you suggested, reformation grew to become into mandatory in a corrupt church. additionally, keep in mind your objective audience...that's present day. appeal to their emotions and their emotions for a individual to persist along with his very own way. If all else fails, dispute the jurisdiction of the Catholic Church over Luther and say that it grew to become into regular by making use of maximum, yet had no genuine rigidity in regulation. the only regulation appealed to grew to become into the regulation created by making use of the Church itself. Ask, rhetorically, at first, "what's a heretic?" and bypass from there. keep in mind, tug at your friends hearts! That has gained many lawsuits!