If the Mayans predicted the end of the world, did they predict Jesus Christ?

There end of calender is said to be 12/21/12, how is that possible if they were around hundreds of years before Christ, with no knowledge or anything that modern society would be using the AD/BC calender? How did they pick a date to end there calender using our calender if it wouldn't be implemented till sometime in the 4th century?

Update:

LOL i guess i should've put that my question is trying to DEBUNK that there calender means the end of days. I dont believe that for one second, just trying to figure out how they got that date when they used a different calender then we do today. Thanks for the feedback tho :-)

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago
    Best Answer

just because the calendar stopped at 12/21/12 it doesn't mean the world is going to end. My calendars end December 31 each year but I don't worry about the world ending each year.

• 8 years ago

They actually didn't predict "2012", what they predicted was 5,125 years into the future from their time in BC, which happens to fall into the year 2012. HOWEVER, there is no real evidence that their prediction is the "end" of the world. It could actually be the end or fall of an empire like it was in the past (eg. United States economy or the UN).

• 8 years ago

Not the end of the world but the end of an age. We are currently in the age of pisces and are entering the age of aquarious. In the bible i think its mathew Jesus said 'if you see a man bearing a peacher of water, follow him into the house where he enterth'. He was talking about the age of aquarious. Hence it is symbolised by a man/women holding a bucket of water. Look it up mate

• shroud
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

the Mayans made the calendar go to the end of a era not the end of the world

if you made one how far would you go in years after you died ?

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 years ago

They probably just got tired of making a calendar. Wouldn't you?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.