Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 8 years ago

Former Soviet leader (and right-wing traitor) Mikhail Gorbachev told US to get out of Afghanistan. Thoughts?

The guy came to my university and said the US should get out of the Middle East:

http://www.dailytexanonline.com/news/2011/10/18/go...

Just like Ron Paul, this guy's naive ideas will end up leading to international disaster!

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

I think he'd know, given his experience in the matter. It's like when you run into the your date's ex-boyfriend and he calmy warns you she is insane. And you thank him for that warning three months later and apologize for not following it.

Only cons would smear a man for successfully bringing his country out of communism without major blood shed. They seem split, with half believing that Reagan did it single handedly and the other half critical that he was willing to free Eastern Europe. As if dismantling the most powerful empire in the world without violence was a stupid mistake.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago

well considering the USSR tried it once and failed, id say take the advice of those that are experienced in this regard. on another note...

it took the US 3 years and 8 months to defeat the worlds largest most powerful navy and the worlds most powerful air force with our allies AT THE SAME TIME in world war 2. you are telling me that we, the worlds most powerful EVERYTHING need to be there longer than 10 YEARS??? fighting some dehydrated hospital-gown wearing dudes with 20 year old AK47s? you, my dear friend, are the naive one.

ron paul 2012. bring em home NOW.

• 8 years ago

Well considering how well the Soviet Union did under his rule I don't think his opinion carries that much weight.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

Gorbachev is a right-winger? LOOOOLz

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 years ago

When did communists become left wing? The left (even in America) has always embraced communism, even when confronted with the facts of communist horror.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.