How can I overcome shyness to be a great actor?

hey everyone, I'm 19 years old and I really want to start acting in movies. I took an acting class at the young actors studio in Hollywood hoping that would help with my shyness, but it really didn't. When I'm acting a scene I'm always wondering what the audience is thinking of me and I never really... show more hey everyone, I'm 19 years old and I really want to start acting in movies. I took an acting class at the young actors studio in Hollywood hoping that would help with my shyness, but it really didn't. When I'm acting a scene I'm always wondering what the audience is thinking of me and I never really get into the character I'm trying to play. Also, when doing improv acting, instead of getting into character and thinking what I should say, my mind is always focused on the audience and what they are thinking of my acting. I just wish I can stop thinking of what the audince is thinking and just focus on the scene I'm trying to act. I feel this is holding me back from my passion of acting. I really want to learn as much as possible to be acting in movies someday. Do you guys think I should take private lessons. The reason I think private lessons would work great for me is because there is no audience I have to be always focused on and I can just focus on improving my acting skills. Also, I think private classes would raise my self confidence because I'll actually be improving my acting and not worrying about anything else. What do you guys think? Thank you.
7 answers 7