my yahoo mail will not let me download my attachments?

Tried this on My Dell PC and on my wife's Mac and neither will download correrctly. I login and goto the mail section "inbox" and I can see the sender and subject line. When I try to open the attachment on email (mainly PDF) it will not complete the download and pop up the PDF to view or print. My emails have to work!!!! SOON! or I will go out of business... wrightwaycab@yahoo.com

Favorite Answer

I have the same problem. Create a gmail account. Forward your emails that have attachments from your yahoo account to your gmail account. Download your attachments from gmail. It may be tedious but use this method until yahoo gets their crap together.

• Karel2 years agoReport

I have the same solution for the same problem...

I am having the same issue. Cannot open any PDF's. It's happens in Firefox, Internet Explorer and Google Chrome, so it's not the browser, it has to be Yahoo. My fix has been to forward any emails with attachments to my Gmail Account on Google. I like gmail better but have had the yahoo account so long I hate to give up on it. Hopefully the genius' at yahoo will figure out the problem.

It's now near 2014 and still this same problem... Forwarding mail to gmail account works. I have no problem viewing email attachments in my gmail account. Yahoo let down its email customers by not fixing this issue for years.

• Karel2 years agoReport

It's now 2018 and still the same problem, the same solution: extra g-mail address..

Me too!!! It would be nice if Yahoo would provide some sort of explanation or give something to ease our FRUSTRATION. I depend on my Yahoo email for my work and whatever the issues are that Yahoo is having, it sure would be nice to know a time line on repair. Perhaps Yahoo doesn't care if everyone bails on their service. This is HORRIBLE not being able to open attachments or email attachments. I do not know what to do at this point!!!!

You're not the only one, various peeps have been getting it all day. I know it's not much, but I hope it helps a little to know you're not alone. I'm having trouble with my Yahoo mail, but my husband isn't with his! Grrrrr! Finally had to create a Gmail account to send out the resumes and work orders I needed to.

Seems like the same old problem is popping up. Can't download PDFs (09/22/2016)

I'm having the same problem, yesterday and today. I forwarded my email with attachments to another email address and it worked fine.

im having the same issue. one yahoo account works fine the other doesn't. not attaching or opening attachments. its been two days. but i can open attachments from the "bad" account on my phone. very weird.

I had the same problem, couldn't download homework. Had to tell teachers that I will send them homework as soon as it starts working again.

Same here. I had to forward my email to my gmail account and had no problem.