? asked in Arts & HumanitiesHistory · 9 years ago

The great depression?

Im doing a project and i was wondering what jobs where in the great depression and how much did they norrmally get for that job and what times would they work during the day

Favorite Answer

Most of those out of work were not college grads, they were unskilled labor. The jobs were clearing forests, building roads and dams, shoveling dirt, building all those houses built out of small rocks, and many other kinds of unskilled manual labor. My parents tell me that $0.50 or less for 12 hours a DAY was common, but work wasn’t. Pay was regional, unregulated, and taken with gratitude.

This from Wikipedia:

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This article is about the novel. For other uses, see Grapes of Wrath.

The Grapes of Wrath

First edition cover

Author(s) John Steinbeck

Cover artist Elmer Hader

Country United States

Language English

Genre(s) Novel

Publisher The Viking Press-James Lloyd

Publication date 1939

Media type Print (hardback and paperback)

Pages 619

OCLC Number 289946

The Grapes of Wrath is a novel published in 1939 and written by John Steinbeck, who was awarded the Pulitzer Prize in 1940 and the Nobel Prize for Literature in 1962.

Set during the Great Depression, the novel focuses on the Joads, a poor family of sharecroppers driven from their Oklahoma home by drought, economic hardship, and changes in financial and agricultural industries. Due to their nearly hopeless situation, and in part because they were trapped in the Dust Bowl, the Joads set out for California. Along with thousands of other "Okies", they sought jobs, land, dignity and a future.

The Grapes of Wrath is frequently read in American high school and college literature classes due to its historical context and enduring legacy. A celebrated Hollywood film version, starring Henry Fonda and directed by John Ford, was made in 1940.

Source(s): My Parents and Wikipedia

I even have been stricken by placed up partum melancholy for the previous 365 days as quickly as I gave beginning to a toddler boy. i could no longer end questioning approximately how my husband loves him greater suitable than me and how issues must be greater effective if he wasn't born in any respect. to that end, I stayed faraway from him because of the fact I knew that i might do something i would be apologetic approximately for something of my existence. almost right now I went to a therapist and convince them that i prefer help. between different issues, i've got tried organic supplements and different e book to handle melancholy yet no longer something works like the melancholy unfastened technique. So now i'm proud to assert i'm between the happiest mom contained in the international. My husband loves us the two very plenty and that i thank the Lord for the blessing he gave us. melancholy unfastened technique?