promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

In your garden, do you often find that you are watering the weeds more than the flowers?

Namaste

Update:

Not A Member: I have a friend who calls weeds with pretty blooms "Volunteers" and those without "thugs". I am refering to the thugs. Smile. Loved your response!

Update 2:

Father: you honor me and thank you for your response. I will "bear" it in mind...

Update 3:

When someone ask in the R&S section how your gardening is going, one mght well expect that such ia allegorical and/or metaphorical. Realizing that you are all very clever and undoubtedly smarter than this one, I now have to try to understand some of the allegory and metaphor you have put into your responses...smile.

I will do my best hoping that such will be good enough so as to understand.

namaste

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Seems to me that what some consider worthy of watering and nurturing... I find unworthy and don't want.

Just because a group determines something to be worth having doesn't mean I have to feel the same.

I water what I find worthy or beautiful in some way.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

Don't have to do too much watering in Scotland.

I've learned a new word : xeriscape. What is it's opposite ? Because that's what gardening is like here, with plenty of help from 'volunteers'.

• 9 years ago

As a farmer/rancher I'm the thug when it comes to weeds in pastures and farm ground.

But as an avid xeriscape gardener and landscaper I adopt a more live and let live approach to weeds.

I call them cover crops.

RScott

• 9 years ago

Yes, especially in the failed vegetable garden. The switch over occurred sometime in July, when the weeds outgrew the plants. Still got some tomatoes and squash, but my dogs ate most of them.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

Not really. I live in the desert. I'm a water nazi pretty much. Everybody should conserve, but I get fined by the city if I waste water.

• 9 years ago

Do you realize how horrible those "Volunteers" must feel when you call them weeds?

• 9 years ago

No, I don't water any of the plants outside. That's what rain is for.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

i got cactus on my garden

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.