Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetProgramming & Design · 9 years ago

FOXPRO DBF FILE EXPORT TO EXCEL?

We are using foxpro data base some details we need excel format, Presently I am export directily but data exported to excell 16384 rows only, data should be around 32000 how can bring the data from Dbf to Excel. Please advice me.

• Mike
    Favorite Answer

The EXPORT / COPY TO command in Foxpro / Visual Foxpro is based on Excel 5.0 format and can only export 16,384 rows.

You could export to CSV text if you don't mind losing formatting.

e.g. COPY TO Export.txt TYPE CSV

Another option is to install the Visual Foxpro ODBC driver on the client PC and pull the data from the Foxpro DB into Excel using the built in MSQuery tool.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/vfoxpro/bb190233

You could also try exporting to Foxpro2 DFB format which Excel can open up natively.

COPY TO Export.DBF TYPE FOX2X

• 6 years agoReport

Another way is
      COPY TO Export.XLS TYPE XL5

• puaka

I believe foxpro can handle dbf database. If that is the case, export it to a dbf database and from excel import it as source for your pivot-table. Double-click on the pivot-table and you will get all the data, provided your Excel version can handle more than 16384 rows of data. But double-clicking step is unnecessary as pivot-tables is the most practical way of managing huge data-sets.

Foxpro To Excel

I have also faced the same problem. I have FoxPro Application (executable file with out sourse code) when I finish my data entry I want to export my data to excel. My excel version is MS-Excel 2007. I didn t instal Visual FoxPro Software on my computer. What is the precondition and tell me the steps to export the file.