I need to sharpen my small pocket knife?

Afraid it might be getting a bit dull. I need to sharpen it without spending money, the blades about the size of a thumb.

Update:

Oh Claire you... I don't care if I hurt myself, silly.

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Best Answer

Do you already have a sharpener in your knife drawer? Lots of people don't even know they have one. It'll have a knife handle, but look like a round file. It also may not be as expensive as you think at a kitchen supply store, probably $10 or so for a cheap one. If that's not an option right now, a smooth flat stone about the size of your palm would work. Run the blade almost flat across the stone with pressure on the blade edge in long smooth strokes, being careful to keep your fingers and thumb well out of the way. It'll take several strokes on both sides, the more you do the sharper it gets, so it's a good kind of activity to do while you're watching tv or something. You could also use the sidewalk, but concrete can be a little too rough for a blade that thin, and you might chip it.

• 8 years ago

Go to WalMart or some sporting goods store and purchase a small diamond hone, use a fine grit,

Not expensive and will last a long time.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

You're a girl. You're not suppose to have a knife, except for when being in the kitchen. Careful little lady, you might hurt yourself.

• 8 years ago

You can scrape it against concrete... Or a knife sharpener..

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • daveta
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

i've got been utilising this DMT aligned sharpener equipment for a on the same time as now. It sharpens all my pocket knives with precision. I initiate out with the coarse, then the positive, and then the extra positive and it continuously leaves a suitable side with out scratching the blade.

• JC
    Lv 6
    8 years ago

sharpen it then

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

use the sidewalk

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.