What is the likelihood that I can keep my hamster a secret from my landlord?

I have had my hamster for about 3 months, and I have to move out asap. I have said I want a certain flat and am in the process of making it mine. When I viewed it I asked about having a small pet and that he would be no trouble and the man showing me round didnt seem to care and said it shouldnt be a problem but it... show more I have had my hamster for about 3 months, and I have to move out asap. I have said I want a certain flat and am in the process of making it mine. When I viewed it I asked about having a small pet and that he would be no trouble and the man showing me round didnt seem to care and said it shouldnt be a problem but it is best not to mention it and hide it when there is an inspection or something. Today I had a voicemail from a woman at the same letting agents double checking that i will still be bringing him because they will need to check with the landlord. Now, I never mentioned him again from that moment on so this is the man's doing. Is it a legal obligation for the letting agent to give me notice for an inspection rather than a random one? They would have no reason to have a random one as I am a tidy, quiet person so will be no trouble, and I dont give my hamster free reign of the house or anything so I would even risk my deposit in saying they can have the lot if he damages anything. I have someone who will take my hamster on the day of inspection, but do you think I could just hide him in a wardrobe?

I fully understand that it's not right to break this rule in my contract if the landlord says no, but I am 100% it will not be a problem and they will never even know he was there. I would fully understand if it was a cat, dog or rabbit or something like that. What are your thoughts?