Did anyone notice that Senate Democrats killed Obama's "jobs bill"?

And did anyone notice that according to the Federal Constitution all spending bills MUST originate in the House of Representin', not the Senate?

Oh crud... I mentioned the Constitution. Will 'They' now come for me in the night?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • ?
    Lv 7
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Reid changed his Vote from Yes to NO

On Tuesday, the president's jobs bill failed to get the 60 votes to clear a procedural hurdle in the Senate, with 50 Democrats voting to advance the bill, and with two Democrats (Nebraska's Ben Nelson and Montana's Jon Tester) joining all Republicans in voting to block it. (Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid later switched his vote from yes to no, for the opportunity to reconsider the legislation at a future date.)

This is a stupid bill. All Obama wants to do is spend his way out of problems. I still can't make up my mind if he is trying to destroy America or is just a glib idiot throwing S**t on the wall to see what sticks you know.

• Funny story, 46 Republicans and 2 democrats killed the jobs bill in the senate. For future reference, you apparently missed the part of the constitution where the President or the Senate can propose bills. Easy mistake, I remember, the Republicans are fond of abridged constitutions, like when they only read part before starting this session of congress.

• 9 years ago

Obama learned the constitution so he could find ways around it and for no other reason. Watch and see what happens when things get bloody at OWS. How many rules have been broken since he's been president? He thinks he can do anything through an executive order.

They are going to pass this bill in pieces but when they get to the part about the 5% surtax on the rich, things are going to go south. That may be the trigger for the OWS to flick their Bics on cars and buildings.

• 9 years ago

Only 2 Democrats voted against the jobs bill, and even if they did vote for cloture, the Senate Democrats would still be 8 votes short of cloture. The bill was killed by Senate Republicans, who as block decided that Americans don't really need help getting back to work.

As for your second part, does that mean we can blame Republicans for the lack of a budget? For the last year, they ridiculed Democrats for failing to pass a budget and relying on Continuing Resolutions, and now the Republicans are doing the same thing.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

Opposition was bipartisan and if the bill had actually come to the floor for final passage (which Obama and Reid would never have permitted) even more dems would have voted against it.

• Ingrid
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

We are used to these 2 Democrats. They soon should be jobless.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

I did notice they are trying to blame it on Senate Republicans. Typical liberal.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.