Sim card, switching phones question?!?!?!?!?

Can you put a sim card from an at&t lg vu plus phone into a t-mobile lg optimus T cell phone? AND not have to have the date plan (hense not paying the extra fee). And does it have to be unlocked or can it be locked?

after 3 great answers, another question occured that im hoping someone can answer.. can i put my AT&T sim card into another, non smart phone, not "unlocked" or anyting, AT&T phone? just att to att no data plan on either phone and have it work just fine?

Best Answer

well according to At&t all smart phones require a data plan however since T mobile's 3g and at&t 3g work on different spectrum so you may not require a data plan

To switch an ATT sim card into a T mobile phone or vise versa the phone has to be unlocked.

Many places will do it for you if you ask and bring the phone in however, some charge.

You cant get away with having a smart phone without the data plan. I tried this and AT&T immediately recognizes that you've changed your regulair phone to a phone that requires a data plan and charges you more. They did it to me without notice. This is especially shitty because if you have a t mobile phone and you do the same thing t mobile wont charge you data :/

Anyways hope that helps(:

Source(s): I went through this abotu a month ago.