Can LSD lead to an epiphany?

I've heard that those who take LSD may have an epiphany about their life or calling. I am very confused right now and feel stuck in my life. nothing is clear and I find myself in a difficult situation regarding the next step to take. I would like to know if it's possible to take LSD under supervision in a study or something. How would I find info about this?

Favorite Answer

LSD does not cause brain damage. It is a very safe chemical. It does not leave residue in your spinal fluid either, nor does it "unwind DNA" all those myths have been proven wrong.

That being said, it is a very intense experience and CAN lead someone to a mental hospital if they take it randomly without preparation. Do it with close trustable friends in a nice place in the sunshine when you don't have any obligations for the day. Make sure you aren't worried about your safety because that will scare you while you are tripping.

LSD opens you up. It makes you very receptive to the things and feelings around you and will change your perspective on things. You will have epiphanies, but not all epiphanies you get on LSD are necessarily accurate.

There is some rare type of therapy you may be able to get that includes taking tiny amounts of LSD daily for the nutropic(cognitive boosting) effects. I don't know much about it but you can start your research there. I wouldn't depend on LSD for your epiphanies though, because while it opens you up it also makes latent problems in your psyche surface. This is generally in such a way so you can deal with them but for some people it is too much. Never take drugs to be happy, take them when you are happy.

Good luck, good vibes and be safe.

LSD is rather safe as long as its actual LSD that you're getting. Allot of blotter or liquid LSD thats going around is not actually LSD but a psychedelic chemical with similar effects (ex.25x-nbome, DOx, 2C-x...). These other chemicals are typically more dangerous or in some cases if treated like LSD can be lethal or cause unexpected effects which could leave you traumatized. In order to ensure you're LSD is authentic you need to either buy a test kit online or at least educate yourself on some of the unique characteristics of LSD. If it's bitter it's a spitter. LSD is a colorless, odorless and tasteless chemical in active doses so you could always do a taste test by putting the acid on you're tongue and if it has any taste or any sensation or numbness spit it out. Also actual LSD is so potent that it should only take a tiny drop or a tiny piece of paper to feel its effects. The standard size of a hit of LSD blotter is 1/4 of an inch by 1/4 of an inch and the blotter is typically as thin as a single sheet of paper. If you are instructed to take more then a drop or two or the blotter is bigger or thicker then what i just described theres a good chance its not the real deal. Other then the risk of it not actually being real LSD there's also the fact that you are still rather young and your brain is still developing so please proceed with caution and if you must indulge try to make sure you have a comfortable place to trip with at least one friend who you love to be around and try to clear you're schedule for the next day because you may have residual effects or some sleep deprivation. LSD is amazing i must say but I will leave you with this bit.. LSD is extremely extremely powerful and if you have never tripped before there is nothing I repeat nothing that will prepare you for the experience

LSD is a hallucinogenic drug. its possible it can do that, but you can't control what it does to you. the first time you take it, though, you only get really giddy and happy. you can see things a bit differently than reality, but a 'trip' doesn't really effect you till the second time. brain damage, bad trips, ect, are possible but it depends on your body and state of mind. you have to know that you are going to see things differently. its best to have a calm person with you to help if a bad trip does happen.

another way to have an epiphany, or whatever, though it isn't a good way to go about it, is doing salvia. the best way to do it, i think. is by yourself with quiet music. i do believe its hard to find now that its been taken out of head shops and such. its about the same as acid but it doesnt last for hours, just about 5 minutes. youtube has a TON of videos with people doing it, but in my opinion is that because they're being video taped, they freak, or do strange things. but i don't know.

do be careful experimenting with drugs, nothing is actually predictible about them. it just depends on you.

Source(s): past experiences.

No it cannot. It only leads to a brain damaging high. A friend of mine in high school damaged his brain so badly by tripping that he was put in a mental hospital for years. Why would you want to do that to yourself? They've already done all the studies they need on LSD. They don't do any more.

• Vexed

I'm pretty sure they were done studying LSD in the 70s

Interesting!

Yes it can.

however, that's not from experience because LSD is illegal and admitting ingesting it would be a crime. It's simply what I've heard.

• Alysia

LSD is illegal. It's not possible to take it under supervision or a study.

It can crack open the fabric of reality. You will see something strange, that is for sure. Whether you find it useful or traumatic is unknown.