Could the Milwaukee Brewers be a better team with Jose Reyes than they would be with Prince Fielder?

First of all, I'd like to congratulate the Cardinals and their fans on making the World Series. They certainly deserve it with the way that they played towards the end of the season and up until now. Secondly, I'm not saying that Prince Fielder will be leaving Milwaukee, because there's a realistic... show more First of all, I'd like to congratulate the Cardinals and their fans on making the World Series. They certainly deserve it with the way that they played towards the end of the season and up until now.

Secondly, I'm not saying that Prince Fielder will be leaving Milwaukee, because there's a realistic shot at him being re-signed. I'm just questioning what would be best for the club.

I, along with a lot of other baseball fans out there, am concerned that a long-term deal with someone of Prince's body-type could end up bringing regret in the future. Then again, he's played more games than anyone over the last few years, and Jose Reyes has had injury problems throughout his career. Prince could prove a lot of people wrong in that factor.

The thing is, getting Jose Reyes could -really- sure up the Brewers infield defensively, and offensively. Let's face it, YuniB is an anchor, regardless of his superb postseason play. Taylor Green might have a future at third base, and Casey McGehee could improve his bat enough to earn a spot at first base. Hell, we could even put Corey Hart at first and look at all of the options for right field rather than the scarce first base free agent market. Correct me if I'm wrong, but Corey Hart is a first baseman by trade anyway, and his step has definitely slowed.

Having two .330+ hitters in the top 3 of your lineup is a pretty scary thought. Braun would likely drive in just as many runs as Fielder has done in the past.

I'm really interested in seeing how this offseason turns out. I don't believe that Melvin and Attanasio are just going to let the Brewers have an average team next year.

What do you think?
Update: *Correction: I'd like to congratulate the MAJORITY of Cardinals fans. It's fortunate that they're not all classless fools.
Update 2: Beastyt: I will stop talking on your questions when you stop being an idiot, which isn't a likely occurrence.

Also, "next year Cubs" doesn't make any sense. I wasn't asking where Prince Fielder would land next year, and the Cubs have no chance of signing Jose Reyes.