Texas A&M joining the SEC?

With Texas a&m joining the sec makes me think they will get destroyed especially if they are in the SEC west. Also will they play UT?

Favorite Answer

If the SEC keeps the other teams that are in the West now in the division, A&M will have a tough time competing with the elites, LSU and Alabama. Like they were with Texas and Oklahoma in the Big 12 South, they'll be able to field a team that can challenge for the division every 4 or 5 years.

The Aggies will do better against Auburn and Arkansas but won't be on their level every year. They'll probably be a step above Mississippi State and Mississippi most years.

A lot of people think the Aggies will recruit better as members of the SEC but I think that remains to be seen. I think they could lose some guys to the other Texas schools that remain in the Big 12.

According to a report Sunday, the annual Texas vs Texas A&M game is done for now. A&M wants to keep the rivalry game but Texas has said they won't be able to change their non-conference schedule until 2018. However, I look for the schools to try to work it out and play before then since the game generates so much money.

Source(s): S

It's going to take them atleast 4 or 5 years, maybe longer to get down to a SEC defense style. Alabama, LSU, Arkansas, and Miss St. will stress them to the max and Auburn will as well if they start shaping back up. The only semi easy win Texas A&M might have would be against Ole Miss. Also they will be playing SEC East teams and I honestly think South Carolina and Georgia both could take Texas A&M easily.

It's entertaining when people say the SEC is overrated because we seem to be at the top every year. Ever when the SEC isn't at it's peak playing level we still are at the top. Of course I'm one of those SEC fans who thinks if the SEC Championship game can't be the BCS Championship game then there needs to be a playoff system between the top 5 teams of the SEC and Big12 and let the winner of that be the champion of NCAA football because the Big12 is the only conference which seems to have the only other teams worth playing.

• facer

academic standards are an excuse. apart from the Ivy League all conferences have been formed in general as a results of athletics and maximum as a results of a pair volume to geography, and apparently if the percent10 will incorporate Colorado geography now not is a factor of the equation the two yet it extremely is yet another communicate completely. I not at all extremely have understood the entire argument approximately academic superiority between colleges besides, espeically state-run colleges. i don't extremely see why the SEC needs Texas, or every physique else for that count. The convention is effective because it extremely is. It would not extremely hardship me in any respect Texas would not desire to return to the SEC even nevertheless it is likewise real they might not be the dominant rigidity they're interior the SEC, nevertheless that's extreme to assert they had be .500 interior the SEC. i don't be attentive to if cowardice is a element or not, even nevertheless it extremely is unusual Texas needs to circulate to a convention the place (different than Colorado who basically joined) the closest in-convention college is probable over a million,000 miles away. i did not be attentive to they took the SAT over in Georgia, I figured it became the ACT there too. Raiders Fan, in step with contemporary history, Florida is the respond on your question.

First, for those claiming Alabama and LSU the greatest thing since sliced bread.. watch for next year.. the story will change and all you will hear is Auburn/Georgia/Florida.. that's the way of it.. rotates around and next year Alabama especially will be hurting due to players leaving for the NFL.. 2012 is Auburn's year most likely they'll return 18 starters and will be very good..

as for A&M.. I think they're a middle of the pack style team.. I think they'll usually be in that lump of 7-5 teams we always see in the SEC and it might take a few years of good recruiting to start appearing in the SEC Championship.. they won't however be playing Texas.. Texas announced they don't have an open slot on their schedule for A&M until at least 2018

The reason for some times leaving the big 12 is mostly cause OU and Texas dominate it (historically)

SEC is not overrated. And just like Nebraska getting beat up in the Big Ten. A&M has there work cut out for them. And as far as playing UT Im sure they will keep them around every other year or so as a non- conference game. I'm sure they will play Texas Tech more.

I don't think they will be on the bottom end of the SEC when they join but by no means are they going to dominate the SEC and i think they are still playing UT

A&M will be the 2nd or 3rd best team in the SEC each year. In case you haven't noticed the Big-12 is MUCH better than the SEC this year!

They will dominate as the SEC is overrated, they just beat up on patsies every year then all the teams purposely lose to one team so that they can get to the championship game