Now that Steve Jobs is dead, will Apple go down hill like it did when he was fired back in the '80s?

From the point of him being forced out until he came back in 1997, Apple was a joke and was going down hill fast. Now that he's gone, do you all think that will happen again?

Best Answer

Yes, I think it will happen again. Companies that become successful because of their very unique CEOs tend to deteriorate once those CEOs are gone. Many examples could be cited. I do not expect anything innovative from Apple in the future; I expect that it will simply ride the inertia of the old days and slowly fade away.

• bamf

Apple is running completely different now than it did in the 80s. Considering the success of it, absolutely not. People will still buy Apple products and Steve made a good team of developers and marketers. Products will still be made and in my opinion, they will still trump anything else made by other companies (like, tablets, mp3 players, computers, etc.)

Well he actually retired as CEO for Apple a few months ago. I really don't think that Apple will suffer to badly without him. At least I hope not.