Personal Grants for cars? (College Student)?

I am a college student and I need a car. I live in Georgia and my county does not have public transportation. There are van services that tote people back and forth to the train station, but it costs an arm and a leg, and what I'm paying with that could go toward gas, or car insurance. Currently, I get to... show more I am a college student and I need a car. I live in Georgia and my county does not have public transportation. There are van services that tote people back and forth to the train station, but it costs an arm and a leg, and what I'm paying with that could go toward gas, or car insurance. Currently, I get to school with my mother, who conveniently works nearby, but I'm employed at school, so my schedule often conflicts with hers. Right now, the best thing I can do is get a car. I'm saving, but I could use another job. I have the time for it, but not the transportation. I know I'll need some help and everyone is advising me not to get a car note, so I'm trying my best not to get a loan. Are there any grants, programs, or organizations that can help me? I know there is money out there, because I have found plenty programs for the Northeast, West, and Southwest, even gas programs, just nothing that can help me in Georgia. Please help!! Any constructive, non-repetitive advice?
Update: People won't just GIVE me a car, but there are ways of earning one. And those programs that I found were not just for FAMILIES, anyone who needed a car could apply. So before you decide to be cynical know-it-all's, ask around first and do research before you answer someone's question, hence... show more People won't just GIVE me a car, but there are ways of earning one. And those programs that I found were not just for FAMILIES, anyone who needed a car could apply. So before you decide to be cynical know-it-all's, ask around first and do research before you answer someone's question, hence "...constructive...advice..."
1 answer 1