Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationMaintenance & Repairs · 10 years ago

Can I use a storage unit as a garage, to restore an old car?

I'm in the process of buying a classic car, which I intend to restore and spruce up. But, I live in an apartment complex and have no garage to work on it.

Can I rent out a storage unit, with electricity and lights of course, and use that as a garage? It's near-impossible for me to find straight answers online.

Also, I live in Winnipeg, Manitoba. So any facilities in the city would be great.

• ?
    Favorite Answer

It won't be easy to find a facility that would be okay with that but you can ask the managers of a few places. It is something you will want to have straight up front... and you may find a taker.

• L-man

If you do get permission,remember that the adjoining unit renters may complain and put an end to your "garage" work by complaining. At least get written permission or ask if its a problem with everyone first.