How is the weather in Arizona?

How is the weather in Arizona?

I know it's hot, but storm wise?

I have a extremely irrational fear of severe thunderstorms/tornadoes.

My husband & I are moving to Arizona very soon.

Are there alot of tornadoes in Arizona?

( IF any )What should I expect?

Favorite Answer

Well, I'm not really sure where in Arizona you are going, you should maybe next time say what city. So, right now I'm checking the weather from Phoenix, Arizona.

It looks like all month of October, its all in the high 90°F and low 70°F. There is 0% of precipitation, so I don't think you should worry about tornadoes or storms.

Climate info. in Arizona: (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arizona#Climate)

Typically, from late fall to early spring, the weather is mild, averaging a minimum of 60 °F (16 °C). November through February are the coldest months with temperatures typically ranging from 40–75 °F (4–24 °C), although occasional frosts are not uncommon. About midway through February, the temperatures start to rise again with warm days, and cool breezy nights. The summer months of June through September bring a dry heat ranging from 90–128 °F (32–53 °C), with occasional high temperatures exceeding 128 °F (53 °C) having been observed in the desert area. Arizona's all time record high is 128 °F (53 °C) recorded at Lake Havasu City on June 29, 1994 and July 5, 2007; the all time record low of −40 °F (−40 °C) was recorded at Hawley Lake on January 7, 1971.

--- Arizona has an average annual rainfall of 12.7 inches (323 mm).

I hope this help.(:

Fan me, so I may be able to help you in the future.(:

From July to September Arizona experience the so called "Arizona monsoon" which is simply the summer thunderstorm period. August is usually the month that sees the most thunderstorm activity of any month of the year, and although tornadoes are possible in Arizona, they are very, very rare.

unlike maximum of Arizona, the northern area of the state (consisting of Flagstaff and the Grand Canyon) is up on the Colorado Plateau and for this reason gets chilly temperatures and snow in wintry climate. Storms have a tendency to be shorter and milder than ones decrease back east (fantastically with the drought the previous couple of years), in spite of the shown fact that it nonetheless gets a lot chilly. the two Flagstaff and the Grand Canyon South Rim are around 7,000 feet elevation (the canyon somewhat bigger, Flag somewhat decrease). If the aspects is obvious and heat assume highs in the forties and night lows nicely below freezing. If a typhoon or low rigidity area is shifting with the aid of assume snowstorm (as much as a foot for a considerable typhoon), sunlight hours temps below freezing and night time temps below 0. i might deliver a heavy wintry climate coat, heat hat, gloves and in all probability boots. while you're making plans on doing any trekking on the canyon, than additionally deliver a heavy sweater or different base layer and learn having the two instep-crampons or YakTraks on your boots. word that while you're doing any severe trekking, temperatures commonly get warmer as you circulate deeper into the canyon (the backside is a barren area climate). it truly is continually a solid theory to verify present day circumstances only earlier you circulate.