Can gallstones cause liver enzymes to be elevated?

My liver enzymes were slightly elevated. I was not sure why. I been having right upper quadrant pain, abdominal under sternum, bloated and abd pain after eating fatty meal, pain under my right ribs and going to the back. Could gallstones cause my liver enzymes to be higher than normal??? What do you think! I do have a appointment on Thursday!!!

Favorite Answer

Yes it would! ALT and AST would be elevated (mostly AST). Also, direct and indirect bilirubin would eb elevated, and your WBC.

Source(s): Nursing student, wrote a midterm on this topic on Friday.
  • zubik

Liver enzymes end up obvious due to the fact whatever is inflicting the liver cells to collapse - they then leak the more than a few enzymes. Liver infections or traumas (hepatitis, cirrhosis) are noticeable offerings. Some medicinal drugs will rationale liver disorders if taken to extra (paracetamol or acetaminophen relying on wherein on the earth you're). Some medicinal drugs MAY rationale liver enzymes to upward push in prone sufferers - statins & a drug known as troglitazone (this used to be withdrawn in Europe over issues re hepatic harm). Some humans have inherent ailments which will influence in liver harm in the long run too - for illustration stipulations wherein fats builds inside the liver. And of path - alcohol abuse.

Get Rid of Gallstones in as Little

Absolutely, that is the way they are often diagnosed. As the first poster mentioned, liver enzymes AST and ANA are elevated. Happened in my case. My ANA and billirubin levels were still elevated following cholecystectomy (gallbladder removal).