Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 8 years ago

Has the rise of vocal and aggressive atheism made possible by the Internet caught a lot of?

'christians' - particularly fundy 'christians' - by surprise? Has the 2,000 years of being unchallenged (Burn, heretic, burn at the stake!) left 'christian' thinkers flaccid, dorky, and just plain unable to actually formulate a reasonable argument to defend their imaginary 'god'?

'christians' can't seem to answer this question. Does their inability underscore their lack of intellectual maturity and acuity? Can ANY of them think and write?

Best Answer

Ach (switching to my vernacular) the fundies come here just tae hae' a wee scrap.

And therein lies the rub a'tween atheist 'n fundie.

EDIT - Y!a spellcheck discriminates against my language which best describes what I'm saying. I've received more than one VA due to my use of a language (or dialect) that it simply refuses (undemocratically) to recognise,

...

Use of words such as "dorky" display a complete lack in the use of language for communication. Use of language and words, as much as it is your prerogative, the use of words must be appropriate for the question you meant to ask.

I can tell you this as someone who is a Christian and a technocrat -- technology is a Christian's best ally. Indeed most of what modern science has to offer in medicine, technology, et. al. are contributions made by Christians. Maybe, you ought to visit your local library and pick out books to read that are outside of what you learn in school.

Now that we have the basis of our mutual understanding on where we stand all squared out. Let's get back to your seemingly intelligent, but done-to-death dumb question.

All the new technology has given us Christians even more reason to believe in the Bible. How could any Christian in 1890 ever conjure up the idea that the murder of two prophets would be seen by everyone around the world - at the same time, or the idea that things that looked locusts were waging wars? Today we have a good idea, how! Global TV channels, VOIP (Skype, etc) have made simultaneous transmission of news a matter of routine. The latest choppers (or, helicopters) can give someone from the 1st century the impression that locusts were at war.

The same internet that atheists use, we Christians use too to defend our faith and debate atheism and their imaginary evolution. The more biological science progresses and with it our understanding of the world around us, the more evolutionists are finding it hard to prove their hypothesis; by leaving scientific means and turning to philosophical means in an attempt to place a dent on Christianity.

Anyway, good luck to you with your reading. Remember? The local library? It will do you a world of good.

Xians have a basic problem to overcome that makes the debate tough for them. When you have a dogma that you have to protect, you have to make your facts conform. As we gather more and more evidence making the facts conform is much more difficult. It shows in the arguments you see here.

Starting with a conclusion, making the facts work is getting tougher.

I would have worded it ... christian 'thinkers'. Love the word flaccid.

No, there is a plethora of creationist, anti-gay, anti-choice websites run by extreme 'christian' hate groups. I think they are well into the battle now.

It hasn't surprised me. I just realize that there are people with different viewpoints than mine.

Update: I just love the fact that no matter how open-minded an answer I give it will always be ridiculed; it helps me realize just how uncouth people can be.

Why do you put quotation marks around the word 'Christians'?

its not reason that leads ppl to primitive superstition. its culture, fear and ignorance.

So self serving.

Louis, do you need a hug?

yes. also and unrelated, i like pie.