Adam B asked in SportsFantasy Sports · 8 years ago

Who should I start at QB this week?

I currently have Andy Dalton(vs Indy) as my starting QB but I do have several other options in free agency. Rivers is my usual QB so I only need another QB for this week, hopefully. Currently Alex Smith(vs Det), Jason Campbell(vs Clev), Jay Cutler(vs Minn), Mark Sanchez(vs Mia), and Joe Flacco(vs Hou) are available. Dalton, Campbell and Sanchez have the most favorable matchups but I'm torn on what to do.

Best Answer

I would roll with Sanchez. Consider picking up Tim Tebow on waivers as a back up next week though. I

Dalton is still too inconsistent. I also expect to see the Bengals running the ball heavily. We never heard of Jackie Battle before...at least I hadn't...until he torched the Colts last weekend on the ground...now he's on one of my fantasy teams...we shall see.

Sanchez isn't a model of consistency but he has a favourable matchup. Miami's overall defense is performing below expectations...but their run defense is better than their pass D at the moment. If the Jets running game stalls, Sanchez will be forced to air it out. I believe Tom Brady broke the Monday Night Football passing yards record by torching the Dolphin's D for 500+ yards in the air opening week. Well, Mark Sanchez is no Tom Brady but the Dolphins pass D is no better. Look for Sanchez to get at least 300 yds in the air this Monday Night. The Jets and Dolphins, especially on Monday Night Football, usually leaves the door open for a lot of points.

• Billy

I would go with Sanchez. He needs to prove himself this week, especially since they've lost 3 in a row. And they are playing against the Dolphins.

whats qb?