How do I get my teachers to call me Hannah?

I feel more comfortable being called Hannah than Chris. I'm nervous because it's kind of awkward asking them to call me a girls name even though to them I've been coming accursed as just an effeminate boy. I'm transcended and I really need help! I'm tired of being considered a boy :(

Best Answer

There's a lot you need to do about this. Do your parents know you're trans? Are they supportive? Have you seen a counselor? If all three answers are 'yes', then you're in good shape. Have your parents contact the school and inform them of your preferred mode of address. (Note: contrary to Clueless von Luddite, they are not legally required to call you by the name by which you're registered.) With your parents behind you, there's a pretty good chance that they'll make the switch. I would ask you to be patient, though - a change like that can take awhile to settle down, and you may still find yourself called Chris from time to time.

If the answer to any of those questions is 'no', on the other hand, then you have some work to do. If your parents are not supportive, then I doubt you'll get very far. If your parents don't know, keep in mind that that won't last long if your teachers start calling you Hannah. Just about the first phone call or the first parent-teacher conference, you'll be outed. I suppose the therapist isn't strictly speaking necessary for this, but if you're really trans, that's where you need to start.

Good luck.

were in the same boat my teachers wont call me Adam but i am female i still write on my papers

You could e-mail your teachers. That way, you don't have to say it to their face, but you still get to ask. :) Hope that works