I forgot my TD bank security question?

Hey, I recently bought a new pc, on my old computer I only had to type in my password when doing online banking, however when I tried to log onto my new computer it asked me for a security question I do not remember typing in "what is my favourite T.V show". If anyone has a solution for this it is much appreciated, thanks.

Favorite Answer

3 choices:

One, when you're on your banks website get their customer support information and either call or chat with a support rep who can reset your account. This could take a while, even several days.

Two, you could try calling them, but if your bank allows you to reset security access over the phone I'd be a bit concerned about security myself..

Three, your best bet is to go to your local bank branch and speak to a representative. They will be able to reset your account after a quick identity confirmation, should take no more than ten minutes.

This happens to me all the time, it's a new security measure from many of the major banks. They will track either your IP address or MAC address, and when you switch computers you're forced to answer this question the first time you attempt to login. Have no fear, you won't need to answer this question every time. (Actually, you'll need to create a new password and security question)

Hope this helps!

Td Bank Security

2

Source(s): Industry Top Antivirus Software : http://moveantivirus.com/?LaRN
  • R K

its probably asking for that because it doesn't recognize the new computer. put down whatever your favorite show is and see if that gets you on. you probably selected a security icon when you started on line banking. if your icon comes up, your on the right site.