Emily asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 8 years ago

What Lifetime movie is this?

I remember there being a little boy, named Jamie, I think. He had a little sister and one night, he slept with a toy horse and died because the string strangled him, or something. The mom kept seeing him, and I think he was in a barn at one point. I think his little sister's name was Maggie, and the mom took her in a car and almost killed them both so that they could be with Jamie. It's been driving me crazy, what is it called?

Favorite Answer

Reunion (1994 TV movie)

starring Marlo Thomas, Peter Strauss, Frances Sternhagen, Matthew Kelly as Jamie Yates, Courtney Chase as Meggie Yates, Leelee Sobieski, Victor Slezak, Susan Kellermann

IMDb review:

The story revolves around a woman named Jessie Yates, who, with her husband, Sam, has three children, the youngest of whom, Jamie, almost dies at birth then later perishes in a tragic accident {{as you describe in your question}}. Directed by actress Lee Grant, "Reunion" shows how one family deals or attempts to deal with the death of a child~a son who makes ghostly appearances witnessed at first by Jessie then later by one of the children. The script manages to tiptoe then jump into a dramatic and ghostly thriller wherein an angst-filled woman becomes tempted to cross over to the other side of reality. Or is it insanity?

Source(s): http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0110981/ I've identified this one many times at several Q/A sites.

It's a very interesting question, looking forward to reading the answers

Lots of great replies already for this question