Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenMaintenance & Repairs · 8 years ago

How to adjust temperature on electric water heater?

I have a ruudglas pacemaker 50 or 40 gallon wh and I would like to make the water hotter. How do I adjust it? Thanks

Favorite Answer

You have to take off the covers on the side and remove the insulation ,you should see a dial , turn it with a slotted screw driver, they may not be the same temp. So count how much higher you do one and then do the same with the other, also get a timer for your heat and have it come on only during the time you would need , I have mine set for 1hr in the morning 1hr at noon, and 1hr at 7pm for kids bath, that's 3hrs a day not off and on for 24hrs if I need more hot water I flip the switch and wait 20mins, it will save you lots of money .

Ruudglas Pacemaker Electric Water Heater

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Source(s): adjust temperature electric water heater: https://shortly.im/u673d

It is always advisable to shut off power . Simmply remove the covers and there should be a plastic saftey cover over the high voltage and an opening in the plastic where you can use a small flat screwdriver and adjust , but not too much at once , alow unit to reach temp and go back for more after you have gotten used to it . If this doesn,t fix it then you may have a bad heating element

• open front of water heater the theromastat is there theres usually 1 or 2 depending on the water heater upper and lower, turn set screw forward a bit that will make the water hotter