What are natural remedies for sinus infections?

i'm taking some medications that don't mix well with the ingredients in most sinus relief medications. what are natural things that i can do to get rid of my sinus infection and help with my sinus pain and pressure?

• becks
    Favorite Answer

improve your immune system with vitamin C and echinacea. Steam inhalations with eucalyptus oil to help break up the mucous. Drink plenty of fluids (ie water) to help keep the mucous thin, avoid mucous producing foods ie dairy. Drink heaps of honey and lemon, honey and lemons are natural antiseptics and the lemon is high in vitamin C. If you smoke tobacco then dont, it will lengthen your healing time

• Trudy

Drink warm liquids - this will help to 'melt' and clear the blockage. Place a warm, moist compress (a towel would do) on your face, again to help clear blockage. There is a method to flush your sinus' with a saline solution - you can try it if you're brave... I couldn't stand the thought of it so I can't 100% recommend it (although from what I've read it's very effective) The problem with any type of spray: The sinus cavity is infected and full of mucus and puss - a spray cannot penetrate the layer of mucus, therefore achieves no result at all.

If you do have a doctor diagnosed sinus infection, you need a antibiotic for 10 days.

If your snot is green, go to the doc and get some antibiotics. While taking these, Eat the following soup. Boil 1 chicken breast with 1 chopped potato, 1 cup of chopped onion, 1 cup of chopped celery, and 1 cup of brown rice. Add one can of carrots, one can of green beans, one can of Rotel tomatoes. Make hot lemon ade and add lemon zest. (that is the lemon peel grated)

• Mr E

correct your nerve interference problem that makes you susceptible to infections. see an hio method chiropractor, and correct the cause. don't waste your time with the medical mickey-mouse approach with it's never ending cycle of treatment then recurrence of the same problem, over and over.