How can I convince my mom to let me become a vegetarian?

I think killing animals is wrong and I care about animals. My mom is a big fat pig who eats noting but meat. Go ahead, call me gay cause I'm a guy who loves animals amd wants to be a vegetarian. I don't care. My dad is all for of me to stop eating meat. But my mom gets pissed off and forces me l eat meat. I think about the poor animals and when they get slaughtered for food.

Favorite Answer

You could try educating her about how horrible the meat industry is. You could also show her the facts: Vegetarianism is good for human health, the environment, and animals. Maybe prepare a balanced Vegetarian meal for your family that shows your mom this diet is doable for you. You'll need vegetables, fruit, whole grains (whole grain bread, brown rice, etc), and protein (lentils, nuts/seeds, yogurt, beans, tofu, cheese, quinoa, tempeh, seitan, etc.).

And remember, it's your decision, not hers.

first of all don't call you mom a big fat pig - unless she has done something grotesquely wrong - she doesn't deserve that.

Second of all, depending on how old you are you can refuse to eat meat and just be consistent until she wears out. I actually have the other problem- my mom is the only vegetarian in the house and she is constantly trying to get me to stop eating meat.

Very simple - Offer to do your own shopping, cooking, and cleaning - all on your own time and you money not hers. I'm sure this would get her attention.

But you're probably not willing to do that, are you? You probably want her to shop for your specific desires and make meals just for little Eddie. Well in that case, I would shut up and eat what your "fat pig mom" puts in front of you and pray aloud to your God for supplying this bounty.

BTW - Your dad is on your side so there is more meat for him. More meat for the meat-eaters.

Source(s): If you were my son and called his mother that - YOU would be on the grill.

Try exposing her to the factory farming industry, many people do not realize where there food comes from. Corporate farming is a huge issue in our world and needs to be pushed to the forefront of issues. I would recommend sitting here lazy butt down and having her watch the film Food Inc. it's a very honest and interesting (for those who might not be interested initially) documentary. If she is more of a reader get her a copy of Eat Animals by Jonathon Safron Foyer. Either of those should do the trick on at least making her understand your motives.

Good Luck!

Don't eat the dead animals simple as that. You are insulting not only your mother, but yourself too. Everyone deserves respect even if you don't like them.

FWIW I don't believe she force feeds you. Stop saying she forces you, she merely tells you to eat up. You can decide to be bigger than you are being now, stop insulting people who disagree with you, and stop calling ANYOne gay in a derogatory term, and just quietly get on with the life you want to life.

Peace.

Just refuse to eat the meat. If that's all she ever serves up, cook for yourself or buy your own food. She cannot really force you. She can insult you and yell at you or even throw things, but she cannot make you eat it if you stand firm.

• Diell

Show her the stats on how long meat eaters live compared to vegans. Then ask her what she would prefer for you. A longer life or a shorter one, one with less disease or one with more diseases. Let her make the choice.

Just stop eating meat. Tell her it is your choice and you should be entitled to your own decision.

Make her watch this http://www.meatvideo.com/