promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Pro choice people: do you support partial birth abortion?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

I support the procedure of intact dilation and extraction in non-elective cases, yes.

This procedure, rather than others, is chosen specifically because it results in an intact baby (rather than pieces of tissue). This allows the parents to be able to hold, name, grieve over, baptize, and/or hold memorial services for their child. Nobody- and I repeat this- nobody is getting an intact dilation and extraction for trivial reasons. These are pregnancies that are wanted but doomed, either due to severe fetal anomaly or, less likely, a threat to the life or health of the mother. The Supreme Court allows this procedure to be done provided the fetus is dead before it is delivered (Gonzales v. Carhart, 2007), so the doctor will, at some point before delivery, deliver an injection to induce fetal demise.

Prior to the Partial Birth Abortion Ban Act, this procedure constituted .17% of all abortions performed in 2000.

The idea that intact dilation and extraction is common or seen as anything but a compassionate act for a real tragedy, is ridiculous anti-abortion propaganda.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Shania
    Lv 4
    9 years ago

No I do not support abortions after 3 month. Unless the baby is seriously disabled.

• 9 years ago

Only if there is a chance of a severe medical issue for the baby or the mother.

Otherwise, no.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.