USAA Auto insurance extra monthly bill?

Hi we've been with USAA for over 10 yrs now for our Auto/Recreation insurance company. This month on our bill i noticed our rates went up by 35+ dollars per month. I called and they said nothing has changed in our policy. They told us because the dates our policy renewed we have an extra bill in this cycle. So... show more Hi we've been with USAA for over 10 yrs now for our Auto/Recreation insurance company. This month on our bill i noticed our rates went up by 35+ dollars per month. I called and they said nothing has changed in our policy. They told us because the dates our policy renewed we have an extra bill in this cycle. So they had to charge us more so we wouldn't have to pay 2 bills in 1 month. I am so confused it seems like were making an extra payment for nothing. We Pay every month on time , so I'm not sure why we have to pay an extra payment to avoid a double billing. Only thing they could tell me is that it happens to alot of policyholders once or twice in the lifetime of the policy. Seems strange to me. Thanks for your responses!
Update: It really irritates me how we have to pay 7 times for our 6 month policy... An extra 160.00 dollars when nothing has changed in our policy and we pay on time.

-No tickets or accidents.
Update 2: Our policy renewed on Feb 19th and Aug 19th 2011.

-Red --- Our monthly payment has never changed until our policy renewed. We never underpayed it has always been the same.
Update 3: If i take the extra amount we are paying and multiply by 6, I get the exact amount we used to pay per month. Basically they broke down our normal payment and divided it by 6 and stuck the extra amount onto our normal monthly bill. So 7 Bills in 6 month period! It's funny cause there only excuse is it happens once... show more If i take the extra amount we are paying and multiply by 6, I get the exact amount we used to pay per month. Basically they broke down our normal payment and divided it by 6 and stuck the extra amount onto our normal monthly bill. So 7 Bills in 6 month period! It's funny cause there only excuse is it happens once or twice in the lifetime of your policy!
0