Is David Blaine's Magic real or fake?

I'm just confuse and don't know if it is a real or a fake.

What do you think?

20 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Faked even by "magician" or professional illusionist standards.

In plain terms: He relies way too much on camera tricks. The kinds of things that you really cannot produce for a live audience.

Is there worse out there? Oh yes. That Chris Angel dude also does that, and relies way too much on post-production techniques to _edit_ camera footage and on _scripted_ behavior from the people on-camera with him.

But the point is: People who can actually be bothered to learn the stagecraft behind being an illusionist don't like the guy.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Todd
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

It's fake.

He uses common sleight of hand, illusionist, and mentalist tricks that have been around for quite some time. He even said as much on one episode where he visited a country that the locals actually believed in real magic. IIRC, I think the village had a strong voodoo grounding. Some of them were scared of him while the whole time he was saying over and over, "No, it's not what you think, it's not what you think. It's entertainment."

My favorite trick he does -- and highest possibility of failure -- is asking somebody to pick a number that's between 1 and 100 that's even (divisible by 2) and then gets up in their face with an intense stare and guesses correctly. It's a mentalist trick that involves seeing if they mouth the number silently, which people do under stress and also to remember it. He does the same trick with cards as well.

• zorens
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

Is David Blaine Real

• 5 years ago

RE:

Is David Blaine's Magic real or fake?

I'm just confuse and don't know if it is a real or a fake.

What do you think?

Source(s): david blaine 39 magic real fake: https://trimurl.im/b27/is-david-blaine-39-s-magic-...
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 years ago

Fake

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

All magic is fake as it's based on deception and slight of hand. Magic does not exist.

• 8 years ago

Fake, it's all an illusion

• Terri
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/avTQe

I'm absolutely positive that there's no "real magic" invloved, even though it may appear otherwise. He's incredible at what he does, I admit.

• It's fake it's all a trick of the mind good though

• Blaine is not even considered to be a good illusionist by real illusionists.

Vincent Furnier (aka "Alice Cooper") is far more respected by professional "Magicians" than Blaine will ever be.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.