Do racist people in the North have Confederate flags?

I know there are racists everywhere so I'm wondering if Northern racists also have Confederate flags. Or is that more of a white trash/redneck tradition?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Let me let you and others know that the confederate flag is alive and well in the North. We had a women in the next neighborhood flying that flag. Her response to her neighbors, black and white, was it stood for being a rebel but not a confederate. You will see it in the back of pick ups and on plates. They all use the excuse of the good woman above. I asked one guy why didn't he fly a Viet Cong flag since they were rebels?. So you can never decipher the true meaning from someone who would proudly display some nonsense like that. I guess a neck can get red anywhere.

Source(s): Pennsylvania
    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Mark
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

In the north Confederate flags are generally a good sign the person that has one is racist, like a swastika. In the South, markledly less so, though most people KNOW it is considered racist and few people have one.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Why would the North have Confederate flags?! The North were the Yankees who fought AGAINST the confederate. And no, the north got over the civil war a long time ago, unlike the south.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

I live up north. There are confederate flags here. It's not necessarily seen as racist.

edit: Not everyone who lives up North was born here. People are from everywhere.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

Not all people who own the Confederate Flag are racist. THE CIVIL WAR WAS NOT ABOUT SLAVERY!! Slavery did play small part in the civil war, but it wasn't that big. Lincoln freed the slaves bcuz it would have weaken the Confederate, he did not freed them bcuz he loves black people.

• 9 years ago

You're assuming that everyone who owns a Confederate flag is racist. Pity that.

• ₮y
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

Not unless them confederates moved up north to continue spreading their cancer.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Its as much racist people in the north as it is in the south.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Probably as well as the Swastika. It is funny how some of these racists enjoy having flags of people who lost wars in their possession. Maybe they're telling us how proud they're to be losers.

• 9 years ago

Yes stupidity blooms everywhere in america north south east and west you pick.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.