Anonymous

Why do so many people in Jamaica skin bleach?

Is it because they really want to be white, just can't admit it? http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/news/AP--Skin-bleac...

Favorite Answer

Cool like mi wash mi face with the cake soap.

Source(s): Awoh!

Because the lighter the skin colour in Jamacian society, the more kudos you get......

Or they just like saving up medical problems for later in life, like skin cancer, as they've bleached all the protective melanine out of their skin.

• Tai

Tan/light-brown skin is the "in" thing right now. Many black people are lightening and many white people are tanning (yet it doesn't seem like there are flocks of people accusing white people of trying to change their race even though tanning is much more popular than lightening). It doesn't mean they're trying to change their race, just doing what they think makes them more attractive.

I think it's sad and dumb when people skin bleach since it really won't make them any prettier. Facial features define beauty not skin tone. And plus, the lady in the link is bleaching in the sun which is very harmful.

(edit: lol, on another note, I never knew Jamaicans gave themselves names like "Mikeisha". I thought those type names were only an African American thing (though there's nothing wrong with these type names).

• Mark

I've never been to Jamaica, so I don't know, but why do so many white people in North America and Australia sit out in the sun? Is it because they really want to be anything but white, just can't admit it?

• i have a few questions

1 why u look at the observer?

2 this was posted, what, 6 months ago?

3 even if they do bleach its not as bad as tanning beds which make you darker and give you CANCER

So..

I was able to lightening my sking without cream, drugs or supplements. I followed this method (100% naural) http://www.goobypls.com/r/rd.asp?gid=566

Regards

You should read Laura Jefferson’s book "Skin Whitening At Home" ( I saw it's also available in electronic format +video: http://www.skinwhiteningathome.com ). After 8 weeks I managed to get my skin a few tones whiter and I also got rid of freckles.

The method she teaches in her book is natural, inexpensive, and is readily available in most homes. You could even find some ingredients in your own backyard. The most wonderful thing about the method she shares in her book is that it will help you whiten or lighten your skin pigmentations, freckles, age spots, acne marks, dark underarms, melasma, or your overall skin color easily and naturally without breaking your bank or producing dangerous side effects. Good Luck!

And you have seen this of course, why do so many white people get fake tans? Do they secretly want to be black?

Source(s): I know a white troll posing as black when I see one.

Double standards

hence the inventions of tanning beds