Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

?
? asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 10 years ago

Is Alabama considered the most conservative state in the US now?

It has the toughest immigration law out of all 50 states.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/141677/Wyoming-Mississi...

In August of 2010, Alabama was ranked 5th most conservative state, but AL's immigration might change all that now.

• Matt H
    Favorite Answer

Alabama is only the most SOCIALLY conservative.... as in blatantly racist. It is far from being economically conservative. If it was economically conservative, it wouldnt be in massive debt.

So basically, they are the worst of both worlds. They are socially intolerant and economically incompetent.

They should take tips from the Mid-Western states who I believe are TRUE conservative states. Wyoming, the Dakotas, Montana, Colorado, Nebraska, etc etc are much more true to type of conservative ideals that I value.

• While I am not a crazy citizen that thinks every illegal immigrant should be CENSORED (can't not say the cruel things I have heard people say on here about human beings ). However I really think Alabama found the answer and I think every state that has these issues to the degree Alabama had should do the same. I heard a man on washington journal state the other day when they asked about unemployment call in and said he finally got a job after years, he said its only a dish-washer job but it is better then nothing. He asked him how he got the job, he said he was from Alabama and since all the illegal immigrants let there where jobs open. Think about it that was what just last week or the week before ? and this week the man already has a job. I am in support of their idea and to think it was such a mild concept and very fair indeed. To call it a tough law is silly. I guess the illegal immigrants would think that wouldn't they. We as citizens have a lot of TOUGH LAWS in fact way to many that we must follow.

It also has fully 1/3 of its residents on food stamps

Why do I get a thumbs down for telling the truth?

No it's Utah then Idaho.

Hey Mikey...Yes it probably is.

EDIT: Josh. they cant handle the truth.

it's a jacka$$ state, why would anyone wanna go there anyway?