Agree or Disagree: Assisted suicide should be available for people with emotional & medical & other problems?

for people age 45+

ONLY IF these people don't have anyone who will assure them that they will do whatever they can to help them get through their problems.

Update:

Since it's much harder for people with these kind of problems age 45+ then for someone 18+

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

No, suicide should never be allowed.... In every instance it is wrong. A person should never take their own life; life NEVER gets that bad! It will always get better, and people don't realize this. Everyone goes through hard times in their life, some more than others, but I know people that almost commited suicide, but were stopped, and they now realize that getting stopped was the best thing that has ever happened to them.

• 8 years ago

If, after years of treatment the suffering is unbearable still, then I agree, assisted suicide should be possible.

big debate about it here in the Netherlands recently, trying to get this issue out of obscurity and taboo.

Most people WANT the assisted suicide when they had a stroke and are already very old, can't take care of themselves properly, or are so depressed that they can't ever get over it.

Sometimes life is not good. Not often, not always, but sometimes,..yes, it definitely should be possible.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

I don't think suicide should be done, we should prevent suicide like in the disturbed video call the suicide hotline for help.

• thumbs up, but why 45+? Ain't people below that eligible?

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 years ago

I think it should be allowed...if the person is suffreing and just wants to end their life early, then it should be their choice.

• 8 years ago

agreed.. if someone chooses not to live they should have the choice.if i was suffering and in pain i would rather die, than live with it.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.