Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 9 years ago

Hey hasn't called in a week - is he not interested?

Alright, here's the whole story.

We met on a dating site, Plent of Fish. He is the one who contacted me. We got along really well and had a lot of chemistry.

We met that week and went out on two dates. We couldn't get enough of each other. He was very sincere, saying he couldn't believe how lucky he was to meet someone he liked so much so soon.

He would text me almost ever day and we would talk pretty often.

The next week came. I asked if he wanted to hang out the coming weekend and he said probably not because he would be busy, but maybe Sunday if I had gotten over m sore throat (I was pretty sick). I told him I'd probably just go home for the weekend in that case and we could talk when that day came.

That was the last I've heard from him. That was last wednesday, the 5th. I've sent him some texts since then, once Friday when I wished him a good weekend, and once yesterday (Monday) when I asked how it was.

He has missed my texts before, so thinking that was the case I also left a voicemail last night, just saying, "Hey, it's me. Haven't talked to you in a while, so I was just calling to say hey. Give me a call sometime if you like. Bye."

Now I'm just going to wait... I'm worried, becuase I really really like this guy and he seemed to like me too.

My question is.... what's the longest you've gone between talking to someone while you first started going out? I mean, it has only been a week, so it doesn't mean he isn't interested anymore, I guess... but I'm just wondering if it's normal for someone to wait so long between contact.

Favorite Answer

It's possible that he is losing interest or seeing someone else which I hope it's not the case for you. He might be really busy so yes wait to see if he returns your phone call. If he doesn't, move on there are plenty of guys out there. Before me and my boyfriend became official, I haven't seen him in over a month but we still kept in contact with each other and at one point I thought he lost interest in me and was seeing someone else because I had asked for us to hang out and sounded like he was making excuses but it turns out that wasn't the case. Everything is ok now and we plan to see each other more often but he has been in school and doing other stuff.