Materials engineer or environmental engineer ?

Please give me details about which degree I should go for or any other engineering degrees. I'm confident in my abilities for any field so please give me your opinions.

Pros and cons would be good and descriptions.

Thank you so much for your help and advice!

Favorite Answer

Materials for sure, they are very valuable and make a good amount of money.

Not to fond of environmental engineers

If you are trying to make the most money go Aerospace or Electrical though, Electrical is awesome too if you want to pursue a law degree after you get it and go into patent law... that's where the real money is.

Mechanical engineers are the broadest and can do the work of most other engineers with proper training. (biased)

Civil and construction engineers are fake engineering degrees.

Source(s): Mechanical Engineer

I think the most money would be in Petroleum and Chemical engineering right now. Also, lately Aerospace graduates starting salaries are lower than Mechanical and Electrical engineering graduates salaries. I have a degree in Aerospace and I like it, because I took Orbital Mechanics (which was fun), flew a flight simulator in a Flight Dynamics class, participated in building a satellites and airplanes in school projects, studied GPS, saw few astronauts on campus giving interviews. There was also a rocket club, and flying club. I flew airplanes, but never made it to rocket club....And I found out after graduation that other industries (like oil and gas) are willing to hire me as well. So go for what you like the most, plus you can always switch to other engineering major once you are in school. And Civil Engineers build targets for Aerospace Engineers. :P