promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

What are some good Greek mythology fiction books?

I have all ready read the Percy Jackson series.. I want to read some more like that or just some Greek Mythology fiction books so any one know of any good books like that?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Nobody's Princess -She is beautiful, she is a princess, and Aphrodite is her favorite goddess, but something in Helen of Sparta just itches for more out of life. Not one to count on the gods - or her looks - to take care of her, Helen sets out to get what she wants with steely determination and a sassy attitude. That same attitude makes Helen a few enemies - such as the self-proclaimed "son of Zeus" Theseus - but it also intrigues, charms, and amuses those who become her friends, from the famed huntress Atalanta to the young priestess who is the Oracle of Delphi.

In Nobody's Princess, author Esther Friesner deftly weaves together history and myth as she takes a new look at the girl who will become Helen of Troy. The resulting story offers up adventure, humor, and a fresh and engaging heroine

Nobody's Princess was an amazing!! This book actually had me imagining Helen's life through her eyes. It's definitely as MUST READ if you're interested in greek mythology

also the Second book nobodys prize.

-Esther Friesner's NOBODY'S PRIZE is a sequel to NOBODY'S PRINCESS yet stands alone well: young Helen of Sparta refuses to be left behind when her brothers embark on an exciting quest for the Golden Fleece, and disguises herself as a boy to join the crew of the Argo, where she faces danger and adventures - and even falls in love.

you'll love it :)

i recommend reading this for teens

theres also

Pandora Gets Jealous (Pandora Series #1

Pandora Gets Vain (Pandora Series #2

Pandora Gets Lazy (Pandora Series #3

Pandora Gets Heart (Pandora Series #4

Pandora Gets Angry (Pandora Series #5

also heres a website about all books about greek mythology like percy jackson you'll love it http://www.goodreads.com/list/show/2865.Books_with...

PANDORA GETS JEALOUS is a funny, entertaining look at a familiar Greek tale. The characters are very modern and down-to-earth,

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 4 years ago

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/avacG

If you've already read Percy Jackson, try: The Cronus Chronicles by Anne Ursu Corydon and the Island of Monsters by Tobias Druitt The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel by Michael Scott Iris, Messenger by Sarah Deming Pandora Gets Jealous by Caroline Hennesy

• 9 years ago

Try Kane Chronicles by Rick Riordan. It's based on Egyptian mythology.

• 9 years ago

The best I've read in recent years is a Greek mythology / scifi combination series by Dan Simmons, i..e "Illium" and its sequel "Olympos". Very good writing with a strong Greek mythological component, especially Homer, as well as a futuristic earth [not like you would think!] side to it. Great reading.

Other good ones:

"Theseus" duology by Mary Renault ["The King Must Die" and "The Bull from the Sea"]

"Lavinia" by Ursula K Le Guinne

"Adventures of Odysseus" trilogy by Glyn Iliffe ["King of Ithaca", "The Gates of Troy" and "The Armour of Achilles"]

"Troy" series by David Gemmell

"Firebrand" by Marion Zimmer Bradley

"Black Ships" by Jo Graham

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

i LOVE greek mythology.

i wud recommend:

the goddess test by aimee carter

troy by adele geras

the fire thief by terry deary

welcome

Source(s): school library
  • 9 years ago

Oh, my God! ) Why dont you read "Iliad" and "Odyssey" by Homer?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.