Tina
Lv 5
Tina asked in News & EventsCurrent Events · 8 years ago

Question about the Amanda Knox trial?

so she was acquitted. what i dont understand is that her DNA was found one the knife just to name one thing that suggests she was there. however, DNA of Rudy Guede was also found. there was semen that came back as a match to him right? so are they saying that he had sex with her the night of the murder and he did the sexual assault part of the murder and Knox did the killing? I just wanted this clarified between all the DNA stuff

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Rick
    Lv 4
    8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

It appeared to me that there was more evidence of Amanda's guilt than Rudy's. Certainly more circumstantial evidence. It isn't disputed that Amanda Knox tried to alter the murder scene to make it look like a break in, waited hours before reporting the murder, lied repeatedly to police, changed her story over a dozen times, falsely accused her boss of the murder AND CONFESSED TO THE MURDER. Good grief, all that alone just screams that she is guilty. As far as I can see, the only proof they had that Rudy was guilty was his semen inside the victim. Since he had been routinely having sex with both Amanda and Merideth, why wouldn't it be. It would have surely been found in Amanda if she hadn't spent an hour or more bathing with her boyfriend before calling the police. It makes no sense that Rudy would confess to the murder after he was found innocent and Amanda was convicted. The only way that makes sense is if he was paid off to take the blame.

Source(s): The fixation on this story by all US news media.
    • Login to reply the answers
  • 8 years ago

Finding DNA on the knife is pretty meaningless since the knife in question came from the kitchen of the apartment that Amanda and Meredith shared. I'm pretty sure your DNA is all over the knives in your kitchen as well, not to mention all over the rest of your house/apartment.

Also, finding Rudy's DNA and semen isn't very informative either since Rudy was a friend of both of the women and was often over at their place, doing normal consensual things that boyfriend/girlfriend do with one another.

• 8 years ago

Amanda's dna was found on the handle of a knife she used to cut bread in Raffaeles apartment. If Meredith was mad at Amanda and so she slept with her boyfriend she would have been at Raffaele's flat. the knife could have been dropped on the floor and she stepped on it. Rafaele's DNA could have got on the bra clasp (along with the DNA of several other people) when he helped her remove the bra.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.