PikaPika asked in SportsHockey · 8 years ago

Why do field hockey players wear skirts?

I know how other people wonder why Volleyball players wear spandex, and its because it's easier to move around and comfortable. But I don't see how skirts help athletic abilities. So why do they wear skirts.

Ok, to all of you who are like "Guys who play field hockey dont wear skirts hurr durr"

I know that. I was implying that it was girl field hockey players I was talking about. And I didn't even know there were male field hockey teams. Maybe cause my school only has a girls team.

Oh and, I'm talking about FIELD hockey. Not ice hockey or whatever other hockey there is.

• Best Answer

Its the only way people can tell most of them arnt dudes..

one. only girls wear skirts. the guys who play field hockey don't. and two it's just because it's easier to move and run in them.

I play volleyball & I wear spandex. They don't effect how I play in any way.

& I don't know about the skirts. I can't stand wearing skirts!

haha. My field hockey team would love this. lmao.

it's part of the game...............isnt field hockey just soccer with sticks though?

I don't. I wear shorts.

Although I am male.