Would it be wrong for a 13 almost 14 year old girl to be dating an 18 year old?

I really like him, but he thinks it is wrong to be with a girl my age, even though, while making out, he said age didn't matter (contradicting? I know.). He says that he feels like a petifile, and because he has to keep me a secret from my parents and everyone else in his life, it feels wrong. I don't think... show more I really like him, but he thinks it is wrong to be with a girl my age, even though, while making out, he said age didn't matter (contradicting? I know.). He says that he feels like a petifile, and because he has to keep me a secret from my parents and everyone else in his life, it feels wrong. I don't think so, but it also bugged me when, just to keep his reputation heading upward, he started dating this girl, while dating me! I thought he would feel better when we talked about it, but then I saw real concern in his eyes, that he was really feeling like a piece of ****, so to make it easier, I broke up with him. He and I are staying together in France together for another week. I am so worried that I will look like a weirdo, since im the one that broke up with him, and I'm totally crying in my room all night and day.
(this is a real situation, but I am going to put this into a novel, not my situation, a friends) .....