Would it be wrong for a 13 almost 14 year old girl to be dating an 18 year old?

I really like him, but he thinks it is wrong to be with a girl my age, even though, while making out, he said age didn't matter (contradicting? I know.). He says that he feels like a petifile, and because he has to keep me a secret from my parents and everyone else in his life, it feels wrong. I don't think so, but it also bugged me when, just to keep his reputation heading upward, he started dating this girl, while dating me! I thought he would feel better when we talked about it, but then I saw real concern in his eyes, that he was really feeling like a piece of ****, so to make it easier, I broke up with him. He and I are staying together in France together for another week. I am so worried that I will look like a weirdo, since im the one that broke up with him, and I'm totally crying in my room all night and day.

(this is a real situation, but I am going to put this into a novel, not my situation, a friends) .....

Sorry but age does matter in this case,if you are having any kind of sexual contact with him then he is breaking the law. I feel he knows this and that is why he is with another older girl so noone suspects he is a paedophile because that is what he is and should he be caught he could possibly go to prison.

Do waste your time crying over him, he is no good ,find yourself a nice boy your own age , and leave sex out of it until you are of legal age then no one will get into trouble.

• Can I just say ONE thing? He got with someone else while he was with you, just to keep his reputation.

I got with my OH when I was 14, he was 19, and he wouldn't of got with somebody else just to 'keep' up his reputation, he loved me and no one else! And age didn't matter because of how much he loved me and I knew I loved him, we didn't care for other peoples opinions, they thought he was a paedophile, but he wasn't, it was love, I am 18 now and we are still going strong, we proved everybody wrong.

I think this guy is taking you for a ride, it doesn't sound like he loves you, it sounds as if he is using you and having fun with other girls at the same time, I know if my OH had of had another girlfriend whilst we were together we wouldn't of been together now.

Hun, unfortunately in case like this age does matter. First of all it's illegal for some his age to be dating you. He could be sent to jail. Maybe one day when your older age won't matter and you can be with him. I mean my grandparents are 12 years apart. But when you this age something like a 1-2 year difference MIGHT not matter but something like 4-5 years is a very big deal.

Would it be wrong for a 9 almost 10 year old girl to be dating a 14 year old boy?

If he started dating another girl to keep his reputation honey he aint worth it. He obv cares more about his own ego than he does about you.

• Scott

He feels like a pedophile because he is. In the US, he'd be charged with corruption of a minor and statutory rape, sex or no sex.

I personally don't think it is bad but i would be very cautious if I were you.

ummmmm yes! sweetie that's illegal are you serious?

Illegal