asked in Beauty & StyleMakeup · 8 years ago

Is Mac lipstick better than drugstore lipsticks?

drugstore lipsticks make my lips look chapped and don't go on evenly, but then again my lips are really dark and pretty chapped, even if i put on lip balm. is it my lips' fault or is it the lipstick? would mac lipstick do that too?

Best Answer

yes, mac is better than drugstore lipsticks. what you pay for it what you get. however, if you are looking for drugstore lipsticks, nyx and wet n wild lipsticks are decent.

well there are mac lipstick dupes for drugstore brands. i like revlon and rimmel london lipsticks the best. it helps to apply a mousturizing lip balm before applying lipstick. also exfoliating your lips with your toothbrush or even a facial scrub will work. exfoliating your lips will help make them look and feel smooth because it scrubs off old skin. remember your lips are just like normal skin, so i recommend lip products with a little spf in it!

mac lipsticks are obviously high end and may contain more higher end ingrediants than drugstore lines do. those ingrediants will help make them last longer and have a certain type of finish. i have a viva glam lipstick from mac and i see hardly any different from a drugstore brand, but i'm not much a lipstick fan.

I love MAC lipstick! I never really got into lipstick, I tried the drugstore and never found anything I liked. The one I have is MAC Creme Cup (A41) and goes well with my complexion. It doesn't dry out my lips at all, I think it helps a little with nourishing. What I recommend is to try and repair your lips as much as possible before putting on lipstick.. getting good chap stick, also running over your lips in the morning with a spare toothbrush is a good way to remove dead skin...

• ?

Its your lips fault. Try putting vaseline on your lips before you sleep, it works a lot better than chapstick or lip balms. Mac lipsticks aren't necessarily better but they have a better name obv and they also have a wider range of colors. Lipstick is lipstick. If you go 60miles per hour over a speedbump, in a station wagon ur gonna fly. If you go the same speed over the same bump with a lambo, ur gonna fly too. Point being, I think its just better if you'd get your lips in a better condition cause lipstick doesn't look that great on chapped lips. It looks rather lumpy and messy.(No offence) best of luck with everything & take care.

• I use Mac lipstick sometimes and its very moisturizing and goes on smooth but you need to put Vaseline on your lips every night before bed. Take care of your lips and try a regular moisturizing lip gloss for a few days first. Remember to blot after applying the lipstick though its a bit too bright at first and make sure to put a liner on your lips or primer of some sort because it does tend to stain

Source(s): I use Mac

MAC Lustre Lipstick Viva Glam V is worth the price. The color would be flattering on everyone. It goes on smooth and creamy and is non drying to the lips. Love It. I bought the pencil to go with it too.

Yes,mac lipstick is better than drugstore lipsticks.

It's you're fault you're not taking good care of you're lips..put Carmex or Blistex. Don't use chap stick i mean it's okay when you're lips are soft & you don't have Carmex or Blistex. I always buy my Carmex in lip gloss way because i rub it on more better plus help my lips not get sore cold & keep them soft & kissable. Blistex it keep you're lips soft af too I always buy Medicated one by blistex :) to keep my lips soft & kissable. If you're buy chap stick don't buy the cherry one it don't help at all only less you're lips are soft & kissable & still use Carmex or Blistex with.. Buy the blue aka Chap stick Moisturizer. & Don't listen to anyone who say mac is better not trying be mean but if you already have chap lips &put mac lipstick on.. it's going make you lips look more chapped.. put on the lips stuff in night time before u go bed & after you eat & every 1 to two hours.. even if u have soft lips always put Carmex or Blistex on you're lips before putting on lipstick.. & mac is just name brand ... but they more colors but i only use their rebel it's pretty color.

Maybelline lipsticks are great try them if you haven't but ya mac is good but sticky and over rated for there lipsticks

simple answer: yes.

complicated answer: they are generally better quality but I'm not sure if it'd help your lips. try exfoliating your lips with sugar and honey mixed together then make sure to put on a moisturizing balm every day to keep them smooth. you could also use your toothbrush to exfoliate your lips instead of making a scrub if you want.