Conventional loan occupancy extension?

I know that with the VA loan, you can apply for an extension on the 60 day primary residence rule (up to 12 months), but is anything similar to that available with a conventional loan? I am in the process of separating from the military (would use VA but already own one property that is currently rented and cannot... show more I know that with the VA loan, you can apply for an extension on the 60 day primary residence rule (up to 12 months), but is anything similar to that available with a conventional loan? I am in the process of separating from the military (would use VA but already own one property that is currently rented and cannot carry 2 va loans at the same time) and have found a home I want to purchase. It will be my primary residence but I will not be able to move within 60 days; can I apply through my lender for an extension to the 60 day rule? I hate to have to get an "investment property" loan and drop a ton of money on a down payment when it's not going to be an investment property...any info is appreciated.
Update: Yes I'm already pre-approved at 3.94%.
1 answer 1