How can anyone honestly say that they like Obama?

Update:

I understand people have different opinions. No one is right... Blah blah politically correct stuff blah. But still none of you are answering the "how". What does he do that makes you like him and support him. I want juicy details!

16 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

1) Poor reaction to the BP Gulf Spill

2) Extending the Bush tax cuts

3) Guantanamo is still open

4) Getting us involved in Libya, without Congressional approval

5) Failure of the DREAM Act

6) Failure to pass Cap and Trade

7) Failure to get single-payer health care through

8) Giving up the missile shield in Poland without getting anything in return from the Russians

9) Rather than halving the deficit, he increased it to $1.3 trillion

10) Increasing the national debt, which he previously called unpatriotic

11) Apologizing for how bad America is

12) Bowing to foreign leaders

13) Saying America is no longer a Christian nation, then going to Egypt and declaring America one of the largest Muslim countries in the world.

14) Attacking John Boehner for smoking, even though Obama himself is a smoker

15) In the aftermath of the earthquake in Haiti, Obama ran up to Massachusetts to campaign for the Democrat there. For big publicity, he should have gone to Haiti and helped pull people out of the rubble. That would have improved America's image to the world.

16) Giving a half a billion dollars to Solyndra, only to see them buckle up within a year

17) Under his administration weapons were put into the hands of Mexican drug cartels, and were used to kill an American agent. Hard to explain that one.

18) His $800+ billion stimulus, which was supposed to keep unemployment at seven percent, has not stopped it from rising to 9.1%

19) His $450 billion jobs plan is supposed to create a million jobs. Do the math, and that means government will spend $450,000 PER new job created. The private sector can hire ten workers for $450,000 - government possibly, perhaps hires one - maybe, and then only temporarily. Once the road or bridge is built, the worker is laid off. Herbert Hoover tried the same thing, using public works projects to spur employment - guess what, it didn't work. The Great Depression got worse.

20) Making Afghanistan his war, and a couple months ago was our deadliest month there in the 10-year war's history. Americans are still unsure exactly what our goal is over there, and how we are going to accomplish it.

21) Wasting his first two years, with Democratic control of the House and Senate, on a controversial health care reform bill that squandered his popularity. He might have been better served to focus on the economy!

22) Shutting Republicans, and the American public, out of the health care debate, by having closed-door meetings in the middle of the night and on weekends. Congress, similarly, tended to only discuss the issue on weekends, when CSPAN was not covering the events.

23) Saying he would post bills online for days before signing them, so Americans can see what he is signing. But that quickly ended, and he would sign favorable bills within hours.

24) Promising to be post-partisan, yet rather than uniting and leading, he has divided and sought to rule. From saying he doesn't want Republicans to do a lot of talking, to calling the TEA party a bunch of racists, terrorists and hostage-takers, to saying that Republicans "have to sit in the back".

25) Having a cabinet and advisers full of people who do not pay their taxes, and who talk about the inspirational speeches of Mao.

26) One of his first acts as President over-turned the Mexico City policy, allowing the federal government to fund abortions performed in other countries. He enters office with an economy going over the cliff, but priority number one is opening federal funding to abortions performed overseas. That is not exactly my idea of getting our financial house in order.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • sanity
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

Yes, I do. Consider all the false accusations against Obama by seeing the whole picture and judge for yourself.

Look at Bush's expansion of military spending from $270 billion to $550 billion and left it at $700 billion/annum when he handed over the baton.

The government had grown by that much (spending). Moreover, Bush had 2 UNFUNDED wars and left that to the next president (and when taken into Obama's accounts the right accused Obama of BIG SPENDING along with the TARP signed by Bush).

Having left the economy in a wreck (imagine a train wreck, that if it were to be productive again, you need lots of money to repair the wreck to get it going), Obama had to pushed for recovery actions, and again those money spent were considered "BIG GOVERNMENT" by the right when these righties refused to see the basis of why the spendings were needed.

On top of that, Homeland Security needed funds and money, too. It is ongoing and that should be "increase in government" by Bush.

If the GOP is accusing Obama of "BIG SPENDING", then why didnt anyone, any single republican politician, propose an end to the above? They are in the majority in the legislature and they can draft the bills to end those. The problem is that they want those to continue. Ever heard any of them proposing to cut military expenditure to pre-Bush's era of $270 billion (from current $700 billion) per year?

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

I like him and support him. I think he is trying to make this country better under extremely difficult circumstances. I do wish he would work harder to oppose the Republicans whose agenda is to remove him from office, rather than work for the good of the country. I think he is very intelligent and capable, but far to obliging.

He is better qualified to be President over all of the Republicans currently running for President. Any one of them would be disastrous for the country. Remember when the Republicans had it all, the Presidency, the Congress, the Senate and the Supreme Court when Bush was President? Where did it get us?

• 9 years ago

i do. I like having a president who isn't an embarrassment every tome he opens his mouth. I also like the fact that the rest of the world is starting to respect us again. What I don't like is how he gives in to ridiculous republican demands. They should push the agenda, and let the reps filibuster it. Then the reps would have to be on record and it would be more obvious that their intent is not to create jobs, but to fulfill the reps desire to keep President Obama for being re-elected.

I also on't like the fact that he didn't push pressing charges against the criminal activities committed by the Bush administration.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

He's tolerable.

This ain't a personality contest; it's business.

If you want salacious gossip, I'm sure the usual suspects are more that willing to oblige your shallow request.

That said, it would be a welcome change to have people of philosophical substance as our Political Representatives, instead of demagogues and Religious Evangelicals who don't practice what they preach.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

They like racist anti-Americans. That's just how it is. I mean read Artemisc's post -- lol, there's nothing you can do about these kind of people.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

America is safer now..cannot support a republican when they are anti union when over half the country would join one if they could.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

I loves Obama! Its only racist white people who want to gets rid of him! Hes the greatest president we have ever had!

• 9 years ago

They write off anything which isn't praising Obama to the skies as a lie. Just like in the '08 campaigns. They refuse to acknowledge that the man is not a god.

• James
    Lv 6
    9 years ago

Because to some, ignorance is bliss. To others, it is ONLY because of racism.

Source(s): Colen Powell for prez.
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.