Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 9 years ago

Does anybody know what this film term means?

I was watching a movie with commentary on and one of the actors kept saying that they had to "eighty r" a scene. (no idea how to spell it)

And it's been making me insane because I can't figure out what the hell it means. I've tried all types of various spellings, eighty-r, 80R, 80-R etc

Could someone please help me with this??

3 Answers

  • woodi
    Lv 7
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

    ADR :).....automated dialogue replacement

    Automated dialogue replacement (ADR) is the process of re-recording the original dialogue after filming for the purpose of obtaining a cleaner, more intelligible dialogue track (also known as looping or a looping session).

    So in short.....Dubbing :)

    Happy to help!

  • 9 years ago

    ADR..automated dialogue replacement. "Dubbing"

    Re-recording dialogue after filming in case the dialogue obtained during filming is not a clean version.

  • 9 years ago

    It sounds like it could have been "86"...this is slang to cut or eliminate something.

    Source(s): Guess
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.